chapter four

CHAPTER
FOUR

━━━━━━━━━━

"Please who?" Irritated, Seokjin eyed my features, furrowing his flawless brow over which his brown hair lay, perfectly framing his face. Sighing, I repeated the name that had been just floating through my head for the past week, as if I were a schoolgirl totally obsessed with the cute boy from the back row, not wasting a thought on anything else, constantly having only this one boy in mind, and that in addition, only taking place in the brain dream life where you lived happily together.

But it was different. The situation was different. I had no feelings for Jimin, no matter how much he might have already grown on me - and that despite the fact that we didn't even know each other personally, hadn't even exchanged a word, let alone seen each other at all.

"Means nothing to me." Shrugging his shoulders, he leaned back in his chair again and another sigh came over my lips before I wanted to start speaking again, but no sound left my throat and I had to put the sentences together first.

"I don't quite believe you, Seokjin. As far as I know, you even knew about Jayoung's studies in Japan, and I was the first to know. You knew the name of even the new boys in the area before he even moved here. And you don't know a Park Jimin who lives around here? I am truly disappointed in you, Seokjin." Suppressing a grin, I slowly rose from the leather armchair, which must have slowly warmed up thanks to me. Maybe not as warm as the steaming broth in front of Seokjin, which he had nicely offered me as well and I had declined, however, not intending to stay here too long.

I knew I had hit a point that had flipped a switch in the brown-haired one, which is why he also clenched his teeth and his hands slowly turned into fists, he couldn't stand not knowing such a thing.

My relationship with Seokjin was nothing special. I knew him from school and we had always gotten along, so greetings when we saw each other became a habit, but this was the first real meeting at his home. Instead of having a gossip girl at school who had information faster than the lights went on as soon as you flipped the switch, as a boy he completely and proudly replaced that place and didn't hesitate to give out news as well.

One could think he knew something about everyone.

As was the case with Namjoon, the boy who had recently moved into our neighborhood. Although the two of them had not known each other before, Seokjin was able to tell us more than a few general facts that later proved to be genuine, so that we were all quite amazed. Of course, Seokjin did not manage to get all the knowledge on his own, but also had his secret sources from which he had the information delivered, but he still stood as the head of all the gossip. Especially since nobody knew who his anonymous informants were.

Since I had known him for several years by now and several mouths were equally revealing news about him, I was able to assess the older boy more accurately. This also made it easier for me to know his sore points, which could be super used against him. Because he hated it as soon as he was not knowledgeable about someone from those areas. In his opinion, it also hurt his honor in a way, which he had as a Gossip Boy.

"I'm going to go then. Maybe I'll find someone who is better informed. I'll let you know then." I turned away and booted toward the door, letting my hand wave briefly at him before I was already stepping through the wooden entrance and in the hallway, only several feet from the door that would take me completely out of the house.

As far as I knew, the house was an inheritance from his parents, which he now occupied alone. His parents had moved away, leaving Seokjin behind when he was old enough to take care of himself and live on his own. Kim Taehyung, Seokjin's little brother, came along with his parents, wasn't even given a choice since he was only 15 when they left town and had a three hour drive ahead of them. Who knows if the lad would come here again if he were old enough and flights to go his own way.

"Wait, YN. Maybe we can find something together about this mysterious Park Jimin after all."

Jackpot.