The Dream

The dream is starting out simple. I am in my house, but my mom and dad are looking at me with a pride. I mean, they are proud of me, but this is different. They look like they are about to cry. I wonder why. I look at myself in a mirror. I look about 25, I'm taller, and more adult looking. I realize I'm holding something. It's one of those covers you put over things you need to hang up. It's pretty long, so I assume it's a dress. Maybe in the future I'm going to some dance or whatever. And my parents are proud of me for going to a dance? That's confusing me. Why would my parents be proud of me holding a dress. My mom says suddenly, "Get in the car, you two. We need to get to the chapel." Chapel? Am I going to church or a wedding at the church? Maybe Olivia's getting married. But I would hope I wouldn't be friends with Olivia because I would have broken away from the popugirls before high school I hope. Either way, we all get into the car and my mom drives us off to the chapel. We get out of the car and walk inside.

The chapel is filled with flowers and white ribbons and has an arch at the end of the aisle. This is definitely a wedding. But who's wedding? My mom then pulls me back into a small room. There are a bunch of girls in purple dresses. I recognize only one of them, Hannah. She looks happy, and she's staring straight at me. So is everybody else. "Hello!" I say, but I don't say it. I mean, 25 year old me says it, but I don't. One of the four girls in purple dresses I don't recognize sits me into a chair. I can see a tag from the inside of her dress. The name Claire is written on it. She must be somebody I meet later on in life. I push the tag under her dress and she blushes. "Was there a tag sticking out?" She asks, embarrassed.

"Yeah," I reply, but I'm not under control, so I don't say it, but I do. This dream is confusing. Another of the girls in purple dresses takes the dress that I'm holding and pulls it out of the cover. It's white and has white roses cascading on the bottom. It has sparkley lace that goes over the roses and has a fitted bodice with no straps and a sweetheart neckline. It's beautiful. I just realized something. These girls are bridesmaids. And I'm the bride.

My mind races as 'my' bridesmaids help me into my dress. They sit me down in a chair and curl my hair. They put my hair up into a high ponytail and fix some of the curls that didn't hold. They put some lipstick, blush, concealer, and mascara on my face. They step away and smile at me. "You're ready." Hannah says with a large smile. We walk out right before the aisle. We wait until I hear a cue and I start to walk. A little girl in front of me throws out flower petals before me as I walk down the aisle. She must be a cousin or something. We're halfway down the aisle and I decide to look up and see who the groom is. It's Jason. Jason Lupus.

My heart flutters. He looks so handsome in a black tux with a smal rose in the pocket. His hair is gelled back and some young men are behind him, giggling and making fun of him. He's just staring straight at me with a smile that just says you're gorgeous. I blush a little when I get to the arch. "You look amazing." He whispers.

"Thanks," I say. And this time, I was going to say that as well. My mind stops for a moment. I'm in SIXTH GRADE. Why am I thinking about this now! This won't happen for another 13 years! Well, if my dream is true, that is. Jason and I say "I do." Then the pastor says, "You may kiss the bride." Jason leans in, and I do to. Just as our lips are about to meet, Jason whispers, "I love you."