Chapter thirteen - the burger and Dutch courage

Nora and Yelena were at the pub for twenty minutes now, the two girls both had three drinks and they were really enjoying themselves. Nora saw in the corner of her eye the waitress coming with two plates in her hands.

'Two times the burger of the grill.' The waitress says, giving Yelena her plate first before giving Nora her plate with the burger on it. On both of their plates there was a fork and knife and a napkin.

'Thank you.' Yelena tells the waitress, she wanted the waitress whose name was Jade just gone so Yelena could enjoy her night with Nora. Jade nod and give Nora a quick wink before walking away.

Yelena grumbled under her breath being really annoyed by the actions of the waitress. But still Nora was to distracted to noticed the behaviour of Jade. Nora attention focused back on her plate. But she watched her napkin closely. Someone wrote a note on the napkin.

Nora picked up the napkin and folded it open, the message was written with a black marker in the napkin.

Call me if you like!

-xx- Jade

(Jade's phone number)

Nora cringed at the message, she clearly didn't expect this. Yelena seemed to noticed that Nora was looking way too long at her napkin but she doesn't see anything.

'What are you looking at?' Yelena wondered out loud.

'Ow, just a message that the waitress wrote on my napkin.' Nora tells the blonde, and now also jealous girl opposite of her. Nora her eyes wandered from the napkin, to Yelena and then she turned to the bar where Jade was standing. The waitress already looking at Nora with a smirk on her face, Nora shakes her head and turns het attention back to Yelena.

Yelena seemed to noticed how Nora flipped the waitress off and a small smile creeped on her face. And this scene didn't go unnoticed for Nora.

'What are you laughing about?' She asked the blonde assassin.

'Just the waitress was all over you and you pay no attention to her.' Yelena replies with a small smile on her face.

'Nah, she isn't really my type.'

'And what exactly is your type than?' Yelena asked. Both of the girls had some alcohol in their system so they had a little more courage than usual.

'I really like girls shorter than me, she needs to be funny and needs to show interest in the gadgets I make. She needs to listen but also give me advice or a lecture about my actions. She needs to be in for an adventure. That would be the perfect girl.' Nora dreamily tells the blonde assassin.

Yelena listened very carefully to the words that Nora tells her, if you replies them in your head. Short, show interest, a listener but also for advice. Yelena had been all those things for Nora in the past weeks they spent together. And from this moment Yelena knew, the girl Nora was talking about was Yelena.

Nora Carter has a crush on Yelena Belova and vice versa.

The night was passing by quickly, the waitress didn't bother the genius and the assassin. They both enjoyed a night without a disturbing. The burger was amazing, Yelena was enjoying every bite more and more. Nora watching with almost heart eyes of how much Yelena was enjoying the burger.

After the burger Nora and Yelena were making their way back to the palace. Yelena insisted to pay for the drinks and burgers but Nora was to quickly and grabbed the bill before Yelena could even look at it.