The Tale of Nymue the Niseag Ch8:

Start from the beginning

"Well, you've made quite the impression on the guards as well as my family. This is the first time I've ever seen my family's guards swim away from a selachi. Something must be drastically wrong to cause such a reaction." she said as dramatically brought one of her long tentacles to her face and feigned fear.

"Then you know this selachi is planning on killing you and everyone here." her mother said as she glared at their selachi intruder.

"Probably." Akkorokamui dropped her act and smiled a wicked smile.

"Then why are you still smiling?" Rahab snapped, she didn't like to be used for amusement.

"Because I have plans for you," she said in a low tone, signaling for the rest of her family to leave the dining hall.

Soon everyone left, leaving only Rahab and Akkorokamui. Rahab glared at the Kraken caelias and prepared herself for a fight. But Akkorokamui didn't move, she just sat in her seat and smiled at her and said. "So, you must be the infamous selachi that has been terrorizing these waters. I'm surprised the guards didn't kill you immediately, after all, you are the Devil of the Deep!"

Rahab glared at her and started to charge towards her bluntly, but Akkorokamui raised her hand and wrapped her tentacles around Rahab's arms and lower half, stopping Rahab in her tracks as she struggled to break free from the slimy tentacles.

"I bet you're wondering why I placed that bounty on your head, why I wanted you to be brought here and why I sent your parents after you?" she said with an inquisitive smile as Rahab thrashed around trying to bite her only to stop and think about it.

Rahab glared at her and sighed as she felt the arms and tentacles wrapped tightly around her. "Yes. Why?" she asked as she ground her teeth together. Being trapped in this giant cephalopod's tentacles angered Rahab greatly.

Akkorokamui continued to smile and leaned forward to Rahab's face and said. "I was bored and looking to do something exciting. I knew about your parents and how they banished you, so I convinced them to bring you in dead or alive because I wanted to see if your ruthlessness was true."

Rahab snarled and thrashed around trying to bite at Akkorokamui's face, this news made her angry. "My parents wouldn't do that!" she shouted as Akkorokamui tightened her grip on Rahab's body.

The Kraken caelias laughed. "They had to if they wanted their pack and their remaining daughter to be safe. Rahab, do you know what I do here?" she asked the angry selachi.

Rahab started to calm down and looked around the room, the room was full of valuable sunken treasures and expensive artwork. "To have this much wealth, she and her family must be important and very powerful here, if I'm going to get out alive, I need to be careful." Rahab thought as she turned her attention back to Akkorokamui.

"My family and I have ruled Ryzelm'oire's criminal underworld for generations! Our tentacles are in every business that the Ryzelm'oire has. We use that to our advantage to blackmail anyone we wish, give loans to small businesses, and just basic thuggery to make sure everyone pays their dues. If they don't, well! Accidents happen to like a rogue selachi could sneak in and eat some people. Now, as for why I wanted you to see me is that I want you to join me. Work with me, I can offer you the same deal that I offered your parents, a place by my side and riches beyond compare." she said as she released Rahab from her tentacles.

Rahab's eyes narrowed at this underwater crime boss, she had turned her parents against her all because she wanted her to serve her. The fact that Akkorokamui wanted her to be her attack dog angered Rahab to no end. Rahab didn't care much about riches or her old pack; she thought that they held her back with their rules. They're Selachi, one of the most feared merfolk in the world, and yet her old pack was afraid to embrace their heritage as apex predators.