The Tale of Nymue the Niseag Ch8:

Ryzelm'oire, Spires:
The spires of Ryzelm'oire are twisting towers made from coral, these massive towers can reach the surface and are the tallest buildings in Ryzelm'oire. Each spire belongs to one of the Great Houses of the Chlaena population. These underwater castles don't often receive unwanted guests, but today one such uninvited guest was sneaking her way towards the tallest spire.

After the pub, Rahab had been doing some snooping to find the slimy tentacled cephaloid that had placed a bounty on her head. She soon found out that the chlaena responsible was a Kraken caelias by the name of Akkorokamui, a member of the Great House of Lusca.

She's the eldest daughter and heir to her family. From her sources, Rahab found out that Akkorokamui was cunning and manipulative. "But why did she place that bounty on my head? Normally these overgrown squids know better to leave me alone." Rahab thought then shook her head. "It doesn't matter, I'm going to remind them not to mess with me," she said as she silently swam to the giant spire.

Once she arrived at the base of the spire, Rahab listened for any guards or eyewitnesses to make sure that the coast was clear while she searched for an entrance into the towering coral structure. Once she found an entrance, she swam silently through a tunnel before she found her way to the bed chambers where the Lusca family members lived.

Rahab sniffed the water to locate her prey, Akkorokamui was not far from her room. She could smell her family sitting around a table gambling with gems and coral. Their voices were loud and boisterous as they taunted each other about luck at the gambling tables.

Rahab swam in closer and spotted her prey, Akkorokamui was sitting next to her father and mother. She had a long black ponytail, hazel almond eyes, white skin, and the lower half of a giant squid with eight arms and two tentacles.

Rahab was about to strike when "You there!" a female voice shouted from behind. "What are you doing here?"

She turned around and saw a female chlaenas guard armed with a trident. Then the rest of the Lusca family noticed Rahab and gasped. They didn't expect to find a selachi in their spire, much less than the Devil of the Deep.

"Don't move." The chlaena guard said as she looked nervously at Rahab as she held her trident.

The chlaena guard swam in closer to the Lusca family and shouted, "Guards! There's a selachi in the hall! Kill her!"

As the guards surrounded Rahab, she snarled and lunged towards the guards with a ferocious roar. The guards panicked and stabbed at her with their spears trying to kill her immediately.

"No!" Akkorokamui shouted, both Rahab and the guards froze and turned to her with confused looks on their faces.

"What are you doing?" she shouted, "Don't you recognize her? That's Rahab! The Devil of the Deep, and she's my guest."

The guards looked at each other nervously and then at Akkorokamui who shook her head. Then the guards swam back towards their posts while keeping an eye on Rahab.

"Well, you're here now, and it looks like you made quite the impression on the guards and the rest of Ryzelm'oire," Akkorokamui said calmly as she returned to her seat at the table with her family nervously joining her.

Rahab continued to swim around them since selachi need to continue swimming forward to breathe. She used her senses, sight, hearing, smell, and her electrical receptors to make sure that none of the guards or Akkorokamui's family made any sudden moves.

She couldn't help but notice that Akkorokamui was smiling at her as if she wanted her to be here, this had Rahab on high alert. "What are you planning, you slimy cephalopod?" Rahab thought as she waited for Akkorokamui to speak.