The Tale of Nymue the Niseag Ch5

Nymue's grotto:
Nymue was beginning to wake up, she rose up and stretched herself when she felt some slight pain on her right shoulder. She looked at her shoulder and noticed the bandages wrapped around it.

Then she remembered the bite marks from Rahab. Her eyes drifted over to the gravestones, it was real. Her father and the others were gone. Suddenly, Nymue felt something resting against her front left flipper. Sleeping next to her flipper was Dr. Oswen, Laila, and Thorin.

Her stomach grumbled as she felt an urge to eat. She decided to go get some food for herself and her friends. Nymue gently picked up the sleeping human, neko and dwarf and placed them further away from the water.

Then she turned and dove underwater and swam out of her cavern. She emitted her sonar to locate any hidden enemies or prey in the murky depths and found none. She swam further and further out until she located a school of Jewel fish. They're very rare in the Jewel River and legendary elsewhere. Their scales shimmered like a rainbow as the sunlight shone through the water and were worth more than diamonds. Their golden eyes were said to pierce through a man's soul. She remembered that jewel fish are very hard to catch, spearfishing, nets, even fishing lines won't work for catching these tasty and valuable fish.

She swam along the stone riverbed until she found a suitable spot to make her move. She slowed down her rate of breathing and heartbeat and darted forward with incredible speed.

She swam below the school of jewel fish and waited. She saw the fish flash and dart in every direction as they were startled by something. She waited and waited but the fish never returned. That's when she noticed the school of fish slowly heading in her direction. When she saw them they were less than a meter away. She launched herself through the water with amazing speed and grace. She swam up to the school of fish and opened her mouth wide and caught several of the 30 inch long fish in her mouth.
With a mouth full of Jewel fish, she swam to the surface and breathed some fresh morning air through her nose. While she was tempted to swallow these rare delicacies, she dove back under the surface and swam towards her cave.

As she swam back to her cave, Nymue couldn't help but wonder what the others were going to do. With the Scottish Rebel sunk at the bottom of the mouth of the Jewel River, what would they do? She could take them to Safe Harbor. Hopefully Jade won't attack her again. It wasn't a pleasant time meeting the giantess the first time.

Flashback a few weeks ago:
Nymue was chasing a school of Silver Mycorpe into the nets. The fish ranged 14 to 18 feet long. From under the water, Nymue could see Laila drooling as she saw the giant fish get caught in the nets.

Nymue smiled and surfaced on the port side hull of the Scottish Rebel. Her father and the rest of the crew were waiting. He smiled from ear to ear with pride at the hull of fish she helped catch.

"Pure dead brilliant Nymue, a fine job ye did." he said as he looked at the hull of fish, there were so many that they almost broke through the nets.

Laila nodded in agreement as she eyed the silver mycorpe hungrily. Just as Nymue was about to speak, they suddenly heard a child scream then a splashing. They turned to see a young girl by the age of twelve trying to swim to shore with an 18, foot long silver mycorpe slowly swimming towards her.

"Nymue go protect the wee lass! We'll be behind ye!" Captain Calum shouted as he pointed to the girl.

Nymue dove underwater and swam full speed to close the distance between her and the giant fish that wanted to eat the poor child. The silver mycorpe continued to swim slowly towards the girl, completely unaware of the giant predator swimming towards it. It was focused on it's next meal as she tried to swim to shore.