Chapter 37: Friends

Start from the beginning

Cambria: "Hey, Buttercup. Mia wants you and Brittany to come over today so she can learn how we all met. Wake up your girl, and get yourselves ready."

Sara: "Really? I think we ALL need this time together."

Cambria: "I know we do. I'll be seeing you soon, yeah?"

Sara: "Hell yes, you'll be seeing us soon. We will be there in an hour."

Cambria: "Drive safe."

Sara: "You know I will."

Before our best friends arrived, we finished our showers, got dressed, and ate a bowl of cereal together. Mia and I were comfortably sitting on the couch, continuing the show 'RuPaul's Drag Race.' Mia had binge-watched it since she began season six and had now reached season seven. We stayed doing that until we heard a knock at the front door. I could tell that my girl was visibly nervous to finally meet with them, but I promised everything would be okay. All she needed to do was just be herself. When Mia gave me a smile that meant she was ready, I got up from the couch and walked to the door.

"Mia's pretty nervous, but she's excited to do this. I know you two feel the same," I stated after giving them a separate hug.

"Yeah, you're right about that," Brittany said as we all walked into the house and reached the living room. Mia was now sitting on the recliner chair; she turned it to face the couch.

"Hey, Mia. How are you?" Brittany asked her best friend, and my girl gave her a small smile before responding.

"I'm doing okay, thank you for asking," She answered sweetly.

"I'm so glad to hear that, I really am," Britt replied as she and Sara sat down on the couch; I grabbed a chair from the kitchen table and sat next to Mia.

"What would you like to know, Mia?" Brittany questioned after taking a deep breath and focused only on my girl at this point in time.

I watched as Mia gave this some thought; Sara grabbed her girlfriend's hand, providing her comfort. When my girl was ready, she asked, "How did we meet?"

As soon as Mia asked that question, Brittany's entire demeanor changed. Her head slightly lowered, and she took a deep breath. I know this is going to be hard for everyone to hear. Then, she quickly glanced at Sara for comfort.

"Well... We met because of my twin sister," Brittany stated, and Mia's eyebrows furrowed. Even I forget that those two are related sometimes. They are just so different in every way possible, except for being girls.

"Huh?" My girl commented, "You have a sister?"

"I do."

"Who is she?" Mia curiously asked.

"Vivian."

"Wait..." Mia questioned, sounding flabbergasted. I watched her face try and make a connection with her past and the vile woman in question.

Eager to understand what Brittany was trying to explain, Mia asked, "So, how did we meet because of her?"

Brittany sighed deeply and said, "Do you know how hard it is to tell my best friend the worst mistake I ever made and that it caused her harm? Especially since she can't remember any of it."

"Babe, it's going to be okay. I know this will be hard for all of us, but you can do it," Sara added, speaking up first, and I nodded my head. She is right on both accounts.

"Brittany, let me just say this," Mia reasoned, "I'm positive that what you are going to tell me is pretty bad because you haven't looked me in the eye since. I don't know what you will say, but I know me. I'm correct that you and I are best friends, am I right?"