How could I be so heartless

Lyndsey's POV

It has been roughly three hours since we got to the hospital. The whole time I had my head in my hands. Fighting back tears wasn't an option now. all I could think about was how I have been so heartless about the whole situation. A doctor came out and my head snapped up but he asked for the family next to us.

"You have to calm down," Colby said rubbing my shoulders for comfort.

"It's been three hours! Do you know the statistics for this kind of stuff? The longer the surgery the worse-" I said but he cut me off and buried my head in his chest rocking me back and forth Until I calmed down.

"Listen he's going to be okay. He has a lot of fight in him. I'm going to get some food for you and you ARE going to eat it," Colby said while gripping my shoulder and trying to smile. I nodded. Usually he isn't bossy but he's right I would refuse it if he just came back with it. We have a nurse that comes out every so often and gives is an update. She used to do it every twenty minutes. She hasn't been back out for an hour now. The emergancy room door opened and roman came running in like a mad man. I walked to him and he scooped me up in a crushing hug.

"What's the news?" He asked worriedly.

"He's still in surgery. The doctors haven't told me much. I haven't even had time to call his parents. I feel like I'm going to throw up. Colby's here by the way. Sorry he was my ride," I told Roman as we walked back to sit down. I know my eyeliner is all over the place but I kind of don't care.

"Don't be sorry. I'm glad he's here. God you look like a mess. Sorry. Come here," Ro said as he started to wipe away my tears.

"It's alright," I said and tried to focus on breathing. The nurse from before came out of the OR doors followed by a very bloody surgeon.

"What- How bad is it?" I asked the doctor and the nurse.

"He's pulled through and is being put in a room. The damage is extensive and we are keeping him for quite a while. One person may stay with him overnight but you probably won't get much sleep," the nurse said.

"There's some extensive internal bleeding and his right arm and leg are both broken. Don't expect him to wake up anytime soon," the surgeon said.

"So he's alright?" I asked not really wanting to focus on any of this.

"Well. He's stable," the doctor said. I nodded and an historical laugh escaped my mouth.

"You'll have to excuse her she's exhausted," roman said while pulling me closer to him.

"No problem. He's in room 1225," the doctor said. I felt myself being passed to Colby.

"Come on. I'll take you up there," Colby said. I guess I had to laugh because I physically couldn't cry anymore. That and the fact that anyone calling Jon stable was a joke. My heart finally felt like it was free again and my breathing slowed.

"You have to bring me cloths. Sorry I just I can't leave him like this," I said as we got in the elevator.

"I know," he said with a sigh. This must be so disappointing to him. I hated hurting him but my heart was telling me I belonged here.

"I will still fly out to Cali for raw and I guess I'll just come back after. Colby please don't get upset," I said wrapping my arms around him and burying my head in his chest.

"I'm not upset. I know how you feel. I've been through something like this before," he said as we got off the elevator and walked down the hallway.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"That's a story for another time. Go be with him. I'll see you in an hour or so," Colby said before kissing my forehead and opening the door to Jon's room. I wanted to cry when I saw him lying helpless on that hospital bed hooked up to all those different wires. I walked over to the chair and just say there putting his hand in mine. He was covered in a hospital gown but I could see all the cuts the doctors made and all the lacerations the car accident had left. He was breathing on his own but couldn't wake up due to all the medicine an morphine he was on to keep him under. Tears silently streamed down my face. I wanted nothing more than for him to just hold me right now. Hours passed as I stayed in the same position. I got
Up once to use the restroom and his heart rate shot up. It calmed down once I had his hand in mine again. I tried to talk but my voice was so dry and sore from all the crying that I could barely get the words out. I can't imagine my life without him anymore. how can I fix this?