I shook my head. "Don't even think about doing something like that."

She chuckled as I wrapped my arms around her waist. Being so close to her was warm and helped ease the anxiety that surfaced from this extravagant gift. "I suppose time will change your mind."

I looked up to her to see her smirking down at me. "It won't. This... is way more than what I need. Thank you, Layla."

Her hand cupped my face. She looked so sincere, looking down at me with a look that I had longed to be looked at. She looked like she was in complete awe of me. "This was not much, Brielle. I will buy you anything you want. A home, a boat, an island. If it will make you happy, I will buy it."

I looked away since this felt too heavy. "That isn't necessary."

Her lips pressed to my forehead. "No, it is not. However, I will not hesitate to do it."

Her words were too heavy. She'd buy me anything I wanted? I couldn't grasp it. 

"Layla?" My voice sounded a little more timid than I would have liked but I waved it off. 

She hummed pleasantly. "Yes, princess?"

"Can we kiss?" I wanted more, always more of her affection. I was spoiled and greedy. The satisfaction never lasted long enough. 

She chuckled. "Why are you asking, princess?"

I felt my cheeks warm. "Well... because we're at your work."

"Ah, I see. It is my dealership so we can do whatever we want." Her tone lowered as she smirked down at me. 

Her words reminded me of the moment we had in her office. "Right." 

She chuckled again before her lips were hovering over mine. I thought she was going to say something but she closed the remaining distance. The kiss itself was everything I had missed and craved for. It was gentle and I felt adored. 

Layla pulled back after a bit and smiled at me. "Enjoy your new vehicle, princess."

*

I flopped onto the floor of Quinn's room with a glass of rosé. With it being the night before my trip with Layla, my best friend insisted that she pack my things for me. That said best friend was standing within her walk in closet, her own glass in hand while skimming through the hangers of our shared clothes.

"You definitely need to pack a swimsuit, probably two." She thought out loud with a thoughtful expression.

"Just three?" I realized I was biting my nails, a nasty habit I hadn't noticed until we got our nails done. I lowered my hand and opted for a drink of my wine instead.  

Quinn placed the swimsuits in my bag before returning to the closet. "Yeah, should be fine. However... you need to prepare for dinners out. You'll be there three days?" I nodded in reply. "Then have one for each day. Hmmm you need bags and shoes too. Luckily because of you, we've got an amazing wardrobe now so that won't be an issue."

I began to think about the times outside of dinner. I couldn't wear fancy dresses all weekend. "What about during the day? I don't know how to dress."

"Hmm... we'll prepare for different outings then pick in the morning of when you find out the plan." Quinn explained as she took down the dresses for the weekend and carefully packed them. 

"Good idea." I agreed while I watched her pack my things.

"Vineyard... tourist attractions... shopping... walking along the Seine River..." She sighed dreamily, surely imagining the trip for herself before she laughed. "I'm jealous now." 

Quinn has always been a good friend and taken care of me. She deserved a better sugar daddy, one that paid more since surely she wasn't doing everything half assed. I wonder if Layla knew any that Quinn would like. Jack seemed to be her type but I got a bad vibe from him so he was immediately out. I made a mental note to ask Layla at some point. 

I felt a flick on my forehead. 

I rubbed the area while I scowled at Quinn. "Ow."

Quinn had a hand on her hip before she smiled at me. "Thinking of your girlfriend?~"

"I can't help it. She just bought me a goddamn car." 

"An Audi too. You owe her some good sex now." She chuckled before going back to the closet.

The anxiety was back in full force as my grip seemed to tighten around my glass. "You think so?"

Quinn must have heard the nervous tone or she simply just knew me well enough. She gave me a reassuring smile. "I don't think Layla will ever force you to have sex, Bri. But how long do you plan on avoiding having sex with her?"

I took a sip of wine before answering. "I don't know. I'm nervous about having sex with her. I think I'll just get drunk and do it while we're on this trip."

"But didn't she stop that from happening before?" She asked while she looked through our clothes. 

Quinn had a point. I could be a bit tipsy but Layla didn't seem to be a fan of hooking up while drunk. It didn't exactly work in my favour but I would have to deal with it. 

"I wish I could hide being drunk." I sighed as I leaned back against Quinn's bed.

She laughed. "I bet you do. You are a pretty obvious drunk." 

"I could just not speak so loud." I pouted assuming that was what she meant. I always did get loud and dance around when I was drunk.

Quinn laughed again. "If only that was all you had to do."

"What do you mean? There's something else?!" I wanted to face palm. Just my luck that I had more tells for being drunk. 

My best friend turned to me with a knowing grin. "The worst of all your bedroom face."

"My what?!" I yelled out as I felt my face warm. 

Quinn laughed at my outburst. "Yeah, it's obvious. You have this permanent blush and you look like you want to fuck whenever you look at someone. Not to mention you also get super flirty, even with me."

"I don't! Girls always do that stuff when we drink!" I was embarrassed. Was I always like this? Looking like I wanted to hook up when I got drunk?

"Yeah. We do but when you do it, it's different. You are hot, Brielle. I've told you that many times."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I suppose it wasn't that good if you never hit on me." I joked lightly.

"Yeah, no thanks. It'd be weird since I'm like your sister-mom." She chuckled.

"I know. You've been too good to me. You're even packing my shit for me." 

Quinn chuckled. "I'm just a good mom is all. Gotta make sure you're completely prepared for tomorrow." She looked at my weekend bag that was already completely full and we hadn't even gotten to the accessories, not to mention all the normal travel necessities. "I think you'll have to get your suitcase out."

We looked at each other before we began laughing. 

My favourite times with Quinn was times like this. We both understood each other to the point where we could laugh at something so dumb together. She was my best friend and she deserved to be happy.

A lot of fluff this chapter lol but I'm sorry for such a late update! I'm going to really try to do another update this week so it evens out again! 

As usual, ignore any mistakes or awkward phrasing lol

Oh and I love you guys!!!!!!!!!! Your support keeps me going istg lol