177. A Rousing Send-Off

Start from the beginning

After dinner, Chen Mama had completely acknowledged Wei Changfeng’s existence in Qi Le’an’s life!

The little girl should sleep early at night and she was feeling sleepy now though it was only after eight in the evening. Qi Le’an just sent them back to the hotel when he received a text message from Damien’s assistant,

“I’m sorry, Mr. Qi. There were some problems with the law affairs two days ago, so it took more time to verify the contract. Now that the contract has been approved, tell us when you’re free to come to sign the contract.”

Qi Le’an thought about it and then sent Chen Shan a text message asking when he was free.

Chen Shan replied that he would be free tomorrow because his mother just wanted to rest. Qi Le’an then asked about Wei Changfeng’s opinion. At last, he replied a message to Damien’s assistant,

“It’ll be fine tomorrow morning. My manager will go over there with me together.”

Damien’s assistant simply replied, “Ok.”

Before he came, Chen Shan had also studied Qi Le’an’s new movie, and he even researched the whole picture of the American film industry. When he heard that the female lead was Emma, he was even more excited.

That was her, Emma! If Qi Le’an cooperated with her, it would be enough for the domestic media to talk about the topic for half a year!

The next morning, Qi Le’an went to pick up Chen Shan, and then they went to the studio together.

“Wei Changfeng didn’t come?” Chen Shan asked on the way.

Qi Le’an replied smilingly, “Wei Sama is baking bread for our sister at home.”

Chen Shan nodded.

When they signed the contract, Damien himself was present too, but Tresse still hadn’t come back yet. Accompanied by his assistant, Damien sat opposite them and watched Qi Le’an sign the contract.

“I’m An’s manager,” Chen Shan handed out a business card, “You can contact me for the follow-up.”

Damien took a glance at Chen Shan without saying a word. His assistant, however, noted down Chen Shan’s address and telephone number in America.

Both parties signed the contract happily, and Damien was very generous. That afternoon, Qi Le’an received a third of the deposit as his front money.

Looking at so much money on his bank account, Qi Le’an felt that his career had gotten off to a flying start. He hadn’t earned money for the past three years, and he could feed himself with the money he just earned for the next three years!

No, he told himself that maybe this sum of money could support him to live without work for ten years if he chose to live a frugal life?

Chen Shan had expected to stay in America for a week, but as something had happened back in China, he had to rush back on the fifth day. And he had to hand over his mother and sister to Qi Le’an.

Qi Le’an and Wei Changfeng spent their time playing with the little girl and Chen Mama. Apart from New York, they also took them for a holiday in California. After the little girl visited Disneyland, she was so excited that she even grabbed the doll of Princess Belle when she was sleeping.

After spending half a month together, the little girl was very clingy to both Wei Changfeng and Qi Le’an. Qi Le’an couldn’t help but post a picture of the little girl in silhouette playing in Disneyland with a balloon on Weibo. As he had not posted anything on his Weibo for a long time, all his fans gave it an enthusiastic response.

Since Qi Le’an went abroad, he had only appeared on his Weibo once every six months!

However, after disappearing for so long, his popularity did decline. There were more than a thousand comments on it, and half of them were fans of Wei Changfeng who were asking where Wei Changfeng was.

Half a month later, Chen Mama had to go back home. The little girl was crying so hard at the airport that her eyes were swollen like two peaches, which made Qi Le’an broken-hearted.

Wei Changfeng’s heart ached as well. He crouched down to kiss the little child and gave her a big Peggy Pig doll, which at last helped stop the little princess’s tears.

Chen Mama sighed and reminded them, “If you’re not busy, remember to return home and play with your sister!”

Qi Le’an agreed, but he knew that it would be at least half a year later that he could go back to China.

After seeing Chen Mama and the little girl off at the airport, both of them were able to sleep well at home. After spending the past half month visiting around, they were both a little tired. And after such a rest at home for a week, it was already mid-August.

According to his agreement with Damien, Qi Le’an was going to attend the script reading meeting.

The so-called script reading meeting required all the actors and actresses to sit together when the director and scriptwriter would talk about the script and their plan.

As always, Hollywood’s scripts had strict rules. From the birth of a script to its finished product, it would cost countless people’s efforts. There were even specialized script editors who kept on picking up errors from the script. Every moment before the movie started, the script might change.

These scripts with so many people’s efforts had brought about one Oscar award after another, and they were also classics of the scenes on the silver screen.

On the first day of the script reading meeting, Qi Le’an went out at seven in the morning and came out of the studio at eleven at night.

Wei Changfeng personally picked him up with a sandwich he had specially prepared. Qi Le’an ate it up in less than a minute after getting in the car.

“I’m starving to death! Apart from coffee, it was tea! If this continues, I have to bring some food with me next time!”

After Qi Le’an finished eating and felt satisfied sitting well on the passenger seat, Wei Changfeng started driving him back.

“How’s everything today?” Knowing that the foreign film and television requirements were strict, Wei Changfeng was afraid that Qi Le’an wouldn’t be able to keep up with the working pace there.

Qi Le’an smiled and then said, “Although it’s a little tiring, it’s quite fun! Seeing them arguing is particularly interesting… It was said that next week, Emma is going to attend the meeting!

And I can see my goddess then!”

Wei Changfeng felt relieved at seeing Qi Le’an’s situation. After thinking about it, Wei Changfeng felt that he was overthinking. At least Qi Le’an was also a student at Tisch, such high-intensity work wasn’t a problem for him.

Speaking of which, Wei Changfeng was going to focus on his work too.