Act 3: Chapter 12: A Surprise Turn

Depuis le début

-Back at the fortress-

Arnec sighed before getting up, looking at Starline "Well, I better try and take Grendel down. Wanna come or...?"
"Why?"
"Because, why not?" Arnec asked, shrugging. Starline jumped up, stuttering as he tried to make sense of what Arnec was saying.
"I, I kidnapped you, tr-tried to get you killed, does... Does the list need to continue!?" he yelled. Arnec smirked "You can die here alone, or we can try and leave here alive. There, decide your own fate." Arnec said before starting to walk away, Starline following. they walked together through the dungeon. Arnec looked at one of the cells and stopped, him just staring. Starline looked over, Arnec walking up to the cell and kicking the door off it's hinges in a sudden act of rage. "Arnec... Who is it?" Starline asked. Arnec's heart had sank to his feet by this point as he laid by a body. It looked like a fox, but thin like he hadn't ate in forever. Arnec shook his head "Belphegor... No..." he whispered. The one thing that Arnec had thought was impossible had happened: someone killed a demon lord... Arnec punched the wall next to him, obsidian stone cracking
"Did you know this demon?" Starline asked. Arnec kept a straight face, trying to remember what Tangle had told him about letting his anger get to him.
"He fought beside my father, was basically my uncle. He... Also babysat me and my brother when my father went on business trips."
"Oh... I'm sorry." Starline said somberly. Arnec's attempt at staying calm failed. "Tygrys will be sorry when I find him and rip him limb from limb!" Arnec yelled, clawing the ground as he felt a power come over him. Snarls and growls echoed as the wolf's eyes glowed red... Then, the flash of light...
(Lullaby for a Deadman - Call of Duty: World at War ost)

Arnec stood in a new form. Two large angelic wings swayed, his body covered in feathers. Starline quickly pulled out his notebook, trying to write down every detail he saw. They suddenly heard noises, Demons coming for them. Arnec stepped in front of Starline, his talon like feet clawing the floor. "Is that... An angel form...?" Starline said to himself. Arnec could be heard growling as several geckos entered the dungeon, ready to kill the both of them. The first had it's skull caved in as Arnec grabbed it by it's head and slammed it into the wall violently. Another came and Arnec grabbed it in mid air, tearing it two. He then pulled out Hugin and Munin, four Hunters appearing. Arnec's slashes were less elegant and had pure rage put into them as he effortlessly cut through the Hunters, their bodies hurting the floor with a meaty thud. Arnec sheathed the swords before roaring with a rage that Starline had never seen, not even with Grendel. He then fell onto his side, the angelic form going away. Starline ran up to him, making sure he was still alive "What form of power was that!?"
Arnec got up and glanced at him "One i hope I never have to-" then his head started hurting before he went back into the form, shambling through the fortress. More Demons attacked, not standing a chance against the furious nephilium as he tore through them. Starline would cower behind corners and was barely able to keep up with Arnec. As he continued his rampage, six years of anger behind each claw swipe or head stomp. Arnec's vision was altered, like a red lens was covering his eyes. He also couldn't control it, his anger controlling his body. He tried to fight it off, slamming himself violently into the wall to try and knock it out of him. "What if Tangle was here!?" he asked himself. If she saw the monster he had become... No, he had to stop it. It didn't matter to him that these were Tygrys' Demons he was killing, it wasn't right for him to be this violent with it. Whatever was controlling him, if it even was actually his rage, enjoyed this... All the blood, tore apart creatures... But Arnec didn't... Seeing the Demons actually running away from him in fear... It made him realize something...