Eden almost wished that it could last forever.

* * *

Eden got too used to Pretty Girl being there. Which was horrible for her.

She wasn't scared half to death anymore when the love child came up behind her when she was sitting at tables. She didn't mind teaching her long ranged weapons. And, well, if she said that she minded her coming to her cabin to talk about her dreams and shit, she'd be lying.

Which is something that Eden did often. But still.

It was a cool winter day ( she never got cold, but she was always cold in the winter, fuck that stupid season ) and she'd lost herself in her conversation with Connor ( mostly about which makeup brands were shit ) when she felt hands behind her, and for once she didn't flinch.

"Piper," Eden said coolly, looking up and seeing the familiar sight of the brunette's head above her. "How's it feel to be taller than me?"

"We're the same height," Kaleidoscope said, resting her forearms on Eden's head like she always did. "Every time you call me Piper like that, I feel like I'm in trouble."

Eden rolled her eyes. "Because you keep scaring me like that, my god."

Pretty Girl winced. "Yeah, sorry. I feel your shoulders get all tense and stuff." Eden felt the apology in her words, but in her eyes, there was that familiar we'll talk later look. "Anyway, I have some news for you."

"And?" Eden prompted, looking at Connor with that oh, boy look.

"I'd forgotten about the powers Clovis had," Kaleidoscope said, and Eden's blood literally froze. If she'd been turned into ice by Khione, she certainly would've felt like it now. "Jason told me about that. We could give you that—"

"I've already tried it, Piper," Eden drawled, mixing the disguised coffee she was drinking with her straw, as if the love child couldn't see it from above. "It didn't work like it intended to."

Kaleidoscope took away her coffee, sadly. "How many times have I told you to not drink it after nine am?" She looked down at Eden, and she felt like she was in trouble. "What do you mean, like it intended to?"

"Got addicted to the feeling," Eden sighed, not wanting the flashbacks. "Too addicted, like I am to coffee, give me that shit back."

She reached for the coffee, only to have Pretty Girl lift it to the sky, nearly dropping it and getting coffee in Eden's hair. She indulged her in her fantasy that she could take the coffee away from her, only because she was too lazy to get up. Yeah. That was the only reason.

"Eden . . ." Kaleidoscope said slowly.

They stared at each other before Eden sighed. "It was bad, alright? One day, I couldn't wake up. I found Rachel in one of my dreams god knows when, and it took two days to get me to wake up. The Apollo cabin said themselves, I can't try that again."

Cabin 7 didn't say that, but if Eden said they did, Pretty Girl would rest off her case. And she did, wincing, and apologizing a lot under her breath.

"Anyway," Eden turned to Connor, who looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Shut it. When'dya think we could start enacting the heist?"

"The heist?" Pretty Girl asked, before muttering her disapproval under her breath.