New Frontier

Frontier, from the Latin *frons*, meaning forehead, but also external appearance and vanguard. The XIIIth century Old French word *frontiere* is used to define the boundary-line of a country but also the fortresses lining this border, and the front rank of the armies defending them.

By extension, the frontier is the foremost part of anything, this zone where we all face the other, the unexpected, the unknown.

Space Frontier/New Frontier is a theme of deep space exploration, vanguard colonisation, and the mystery of the crowded void of Outer-space.

The Space Frontier is based on the sub-genre Space Western, but not limited to it.

In the Space New Frontier, the law of the wild applies, in the manner of the frontier's towns in the Wild West of the mid XVIIIth to XIXth centuries in  North America. The Space Frontier attracts misfits of all quadrants, as the arm of the Federation and other governments does not reach those parts yet.

The Space Frontier is not for the faint of heart, nor a place to raise a family. A fortune can be made in a second, and can be lost twice as fast, along with one's life. Beware the space pirates and corrupt mega corp officials. Favour well hidden colonies foraging tunnels in the bigger rocks of the asteroid fields. Get high on badly refined stardust and get drunk on radioactive shroom juice.

The only rule: if you are still alive when the sun rises somewhere on the other side of the Galaxy, you may live to see another day.