Sighing I packed my things and made my way to the auditorium , I wanted to get this over with as fast possible and go home.

Walking into the auditorium,  chairs were lined up in each row and most were preoccupied , before I knew it my eyes were already searching the room for a specific person.

" Officer " I said sliding into a chair next to Rory.

Turning his head , he gave me a small smile before resuming to his phone.

" Can you believe we got picked? " I spoke trying to start a conversation " Do you think it was because we helped him with the books ?"

"Maybe" he replied in a dull tone .

What was his deal? I didn't want to be here as much as him if not more

" By the way , I texted you yesterday ... have a strong feeling I was blocked though " I said like It wasn't the most obvious thing in the world.

" Glad you figured it out " he spoke , an innocent smile playing on his face.

" You have serious people problems " I sighed getting slightly irritated but I was cut off by the sound of Miss Morrison abruptly starting the meeting  .

Not caring about Rory or the meeting I sunk into my own little world and blocked out all the voices around me.

Halfway into the meeting I decided I had endured enough of this pointless shit .

Raising my hand I spoke up " Excuse me but I have to leave now....family emergency and stuff..."

Signaling for me to leave , she carried on with the meeting.

Yes!

Briefly glancing at Rory I was already taking my leave .

4 : 15 p.m

I had been been standing at the bus stop  for a while and still no sign of transportation , I couldn't call mom or dad and it was starting to get late .

Sighing , I started walking , my house was a good distance but If it's the only way to get home then so be it.

Taking my own time , I walked along the vacant streets,  the afternoon breeze blowing a combination of leaves and my hair in one motion.

It was rather peaceful and I would actually consider doing this more often if it didn't increase my chances of getting kidnapped , asthma attack and well , death.

All of a sudden I heard the low hum of a car making it's way towards me , I hoped it was a taxi of some sort but all my hopes were shattered once the car drove straight past me leaving nothing but the dust in my face.

" Yeah thanks for offering me a ride lovely stranger " I muttered sarcastically.

To my surprise the jeep stopped at started reversing until it was right at my feet.

Ohhh I've seen this in movies and it doesn't necessarily have happy endings .

I was ready to start sprinting , that was until the driver rolled down their window revealing the most sweetest looking lady .

" Good afternoon young man " she said smiling .

" Hi " I said returning the smile .

" Your Mrs.Gallagher's son aren't you?"

Do I know her?

" Yeah.. " I said giving a skeptical look.

" I could tell right away " she chuckled.