Hotel Cappuccino

It was freezing cold when I embarked on the Canadian airport where I was to start my first job. I spent nearly an hour to locate the taxi which my employer had sent. The taxi zoomed past tall buildings and within a few minutes I reached 'Hotel Cappuccino'. I barely conversed a few sentences with the manager before I was ushered to my room. At breakneck speed, I changed my clothes and without thinking for a second, I jumped in bed.

I didn't know for how long I slept but I was awakened by a quite high-pitched scream late at night. I was appalled. Who on earth could be awake at this late hour of the night, I asked myself. My curiosity made me jump out of bed and I stared at the window to see if anyone was lurking outside. I jerked my head to find out whether I was in my senses. I was completely sure that there was someone outside and without hesitating for a moment, I got out of my room to solve the mystery.

Though I was determined to figure out the problem, my feet seemed frozen. I rarely come out of home so late in the night, that too in an unknown place made things more frightening. Quite to my surprise, I found no signs of unusual occuring as I stepped out of the hotel. Hopeless and disappointed, I set my foot back towards the hotel. That's when I heard someone shout 'Help! Help!' I was dumbfounded; I dashed at lightning speed towards the source of the noise.

After frantically rushing here and there, I was scared stiff when a torch shone right on my face. Rivulets of sweat drained down my face as I stared at the dark physique. Moments later, a dagger came right infront of my throat. I was almost half-dead by that time. However, I stayed calm and pulling the torch from my pocket, threw the dagger out of his hand.

I stormed away from him and I was lucky enough to remember the exact path to the hotel.I ran as fast as my weary legs could carry me and entered the hotel. I didn't wait for the elevator least the murdered might stop me in the way. Instead, I took the stairs and reached my room soon enough. I tried to make an emergency call to the manager, but ...

.... There was no reply. All of a sudden, I realized that I left my door wide open! I rushed towards the door to close it but what I saw next pulverized my heart. It was the manager himself who was holding the dagger in his hand! He started approaching me and I closed my eyes knowing it was the end. But it wasn't over yet! The man suddenly slipped over a wet cloth that I left apart before I left the room and fell down terribly and hit his head on the floor. I took this opportunity to grab the dagger with a tissue paper and then ran out of the room. I called the other people of the hotel who woke after this succession of noises and then called the police.

The man was too fatigued after the previous murder and the scuffle that he didn't care to raise himself up. The police took him under custody. It was found under investigation that he had killed his wife with whom he had a long period of argument and quarrels.