Chapter X

Chapter X

Nyx's midnight black eyes turned fully black, like a bottomless void ready to swallow up everything. Her shadowy black dress shone with the stars from the night sky, captivating anyone lucky enough to see it. Her dress and demeanor were nothing short of regal, marking her as the one and only ruler of the night.

The two powerful beings stared at each other, midnight black colliding with a bright teal. 

Nyx made the first move, surging forward in darkness and prompting Percy to clutch his gale blades in anticipation. She weaved through the shadows, assessing where to strike. The wind spirit looked around readily, making sure his guard was up and ready for any possible surprise attacks.

She materialized out of thin air and snapped her fingers, columns of darkness erupting from the ground and trying to encase Percy in a cocoon of shadow. The very same move that she pulled on Ares.

Yet Percy was better. Not only was he faster, but more powerful in general.

Not only did he avoid the move altogether, but he had time to surge forward and deliver a decisive counter-attack.

She dodged with precision, evading the deadly slash from his blades and narrowly avoiding death right then and there.

Nyx was more elegant in her style of fighting and preferred using her powers instead of using weapons. Although she was good at using weapons, she was nowhere proficient enough to try and battle Percy one on one with it.

She had to focused on her strength to even think of trying to beat him.

Inverse to that of Nyx, Percy was quick and agile; his proficiency with the two blades unparalleled. Anyone who dared faced him with and saw those two blades never lived to tell the tale. The two seemed opposites, yet none could seem to get the advantage

Nyx flicked her wrist, tendrils of shadows taking shape and rushing towards the primordial of the wind, her projectiles deadly accurate.

Percy held out his hand as a powerful gust of wind blew all the projectiles away, rendering the attack moot.

She used this as a temporary distraction to her advantage, disappearing in the shadows and reappearing right beside him. She coiled her fist, spikes of shadow appearing on her knuckles, ready to stab him straight through the chest.

Percy turned, crouching and kicking her from her feet, sending her tumbling to the ground. He gripped his blades and struck downwards, each attack filled with the intent to kill. Yet she rolled out of the way, narrowly avoiding the violent winds incarnate.

She regained her composure, trying to hatch up a plan. Everything was going to shit. She was having a rough time. She was beginning to doubt if she could even win. Percy was too experienced, yet that didn't stop her from trying.

Percy clutched his blades and slashed—fast and agile—his attacks causing gusts of wind to gather around them. She avoided them, using her shadows to further enhance her speed, avoiding the strikes with perfection, making it seem so easy.

And for a split second, she was it. The opening. The chink in his armor.

She stepped backward, careful to avoid the slash aimed straight through her chest, and waited a moment.

He clutched his blade and struck, intending to slice at Nyx's head.

Nyx smiled, predicting the move correctly and crouched forward. She moved behind him and grabbed his cape, throwing the fellow primordial straight through the air, launching him straight to the sky.