I was sent into a dark space in my mind when it growled.

My beast. I could feel her anger and possessiveness of him when we smelled her scent on him. We pulled away from him with a snarl.

"Alex! Dammit!" He growled. "Let me help you."

We turned to face him. At that moment, pain hurled us to our knees. We grasped at the grass and the dirt burying our growing claws into the ground. Our fangs pierced our lips as we tried to hold back a scream.

"Stay away from me." She growled.

Realization passes over his features. His eyes narrowed. "You're jealous of Hilde." It was not a question.

"She is just a friend." He said but it did not relieve the ache in our chest.

Before we could speak, our body cracked painfully. Instead, we screamed. He stepped closer by my beast was taking over completely and quickly. She stood angrily and leapt at him. My beast swung her claws over and over craving for him to feel the pain we felt. In a blur, his beast gripped me from behind. His fangs latched onto my shoulder and my beast thrashed against him in a panic.

His beast was stronger and more dominating. Our bond was working against our anger. Our strength was leaving us. Our claws retracted and my body slowly returned to normal.

I laid naked on the ground feeling weak and pathetic even in his arms. Hot tears escaped my eyes once again as I curled into the dirt trying to disapear.

"Let me go." I cried. I was too tired to fight his grip on me.

"Let me help you." He hugged me, kissing my temple. I wanted to hate his touch but my bond welcomed it.

"I want to go home to California." I cried. I needed distance from him. I needed to think. "I can't be just one of your women Nick. I'm not that kind of person."

His grip tightened. "You're not. You are the only one."

"Then why would you not even look at me when she showed up? You didn't even bother introducing us. The only person that cared for my feelings was Kristian." I slumped against him fighting back sleep.

He picked me up and carried me. I didn't have the energy to fight him. "Sleep love. You can be angry later."

"No." I whined. My eyes fell shut unable to stay open no matter how much I wanted to fight. I wept until sleep consumed me.

I woke with warmth against my back and an arm over my waist. Nick shifted behind me realizing I was awake.