Chapter 3 - Obsession

Start from the beginning

Bai Feng quickly walked to a less crowded place to wait for his attendant. He watched as people avoided him with slight curiosity in their eyes.

"Is there anything else you would like to get, young master?" the girl was seen carrying a box, indicating that their purchase was successful.

"There are a few things I would have to get my hands on, I'll be counting on you.."

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

After spending days observing his new target, Xiao Tian decided that it was finally time to make a move. The short-haired assassin waited until the dead of night to execute his plan, knowing that his prey would be fast asleep by then.

But first thing first, he had to get in.

Bypassing security was the easy part, the manor didn't have too many guards so Xiao Tian silently took them down and got access to the estate with no problem. The assassin wondered whether this was a result of the naivety of the young noble, thinking that he would be safe with such little security.

The assassin then proceeded to traverse the complex hallways of the manor, swiftly making his way while avoiding the suspicious eyes of any patrolling attendants. Finally, Xiao Tian managed to reach the area of his prey's sleeping quarters. 

As expected, his target seemed to be in a deep slumber. Perfect.. The masked assassin silently passed through the spacious work area and into the bedroom. Xiao Tian then quickly straddled his prey's chest and pressed his dagger to their slender neck. Unfortunately, his target's eyes gently fluttered open, it was the same pair of golden irises he saw during his last mission.

As soon as Xiao Tian saw Bai Feng's face clearly, he hesitated.

Out of nowhere, a vision overwhelmed the assassin. In a garden full of blooming magnolia trees, a person stood. Their stunning cedar-colored hair danced in the wind. The beauty was just about to turn around when Xiao Tian suddenly snapped out of his dream-like state.

Unfortunately, it was too late. Whilst Xiao Tian's mind was preoccupied, Bai Feng had taken the chance to pull something from his bedside.

A string.. as Xiao Tian noticed this, a blade was quickly approaching him.

The assassin's center of gravity shifted as he moved to dodge the projectile. Immediately Bai Feng jolted himself as hard as he could off the bed to throw the assassin off balance. The stoic man knew he had the opportunity to fight back only because Xiao Tian was distracted.

This time, it was Bai Feng's turn to pin Xiao Tian to the floor. Regrettably, the cedar-haired man didn't have enough strength to keep him down. Not long after, Xiao Tian overpowered him once again.

Thankfully for Bai Feng, their tussling made too much noise. Immediately, the sound of rushed footsteps could be heard. Xiao Tian assumed that the guards had come to check on Bai Feng, so he swiftly fled the scene.

Ever since that night, the masked assassin would silently watch Bai Feng from the rooftops.

The cedar-haired beauty definitely piqued Xiao Tian's interest.

After all, despite not having the same prowess as the trained assassin, Bai Feng did make him abandon his mission, not once, but twice in a row. Xiao Tian couldn't pinpoint what it was, but meeting the golden-eyed beauty sparked something in him, and it was not something unpleasant.