6. Lysander Scamander

[James PoV]

I have finally stopped stuttering near Edwards. Today is the day I will ask her out.

"Be cool and proud like a lion," Lorcan whispered in my ear.

I nodded.

Jasmine was walking all by herself.

"Hi J- Edwards," I said. She just nodded.

"Will go out with me, the amazing James Potter? All the girls die to go out with me. So you should be honoured," I said proudly. I saw Lysander pinching his nose bridge while The others facepalmed. What did I do now? I turned back to see Edwards to see that she was fuming with anger.

"If other girls are dying to go out with you then take them. Why do you ask me? Al was right you are an arrogant toe rag!" She shrieked loudly.

"Edwards- Jas- Edwards. Wait."

"Don't disturb me now. Goodbye."

[Jasmine's PoV]

'I can't believe Ja- Potter was such a jerk ! I mean the nerve of him! What did he think that he could prank me like he does to anyone. I hate him,' Jasmine thought.

"What happened to you?" Rox asked.

"Potter just asked me out," She replied grumpily.

"Al asked you out. I thought James was going to-" Rox was cut off by Jasmine.

"You knew James Potter was about to ask me out?" She shrieked.

"Jasmine-wait-."

But Jasmine ran off to the Black lake. She took off her shoes and socks and dipped her feet in the cold water. It somehow relaxed her.

"Can I join you?" someone asked. It was Lysander Scamander. Jasmine nodded.

"James didn-"

"If you want to talk about Potter then you can go away," she said coldly.

"It's not because of that I came here," he said softly.

"Then you can stay as long as you want."

"You know you over reacted right ? I think you should talk to Rox and others."

"Yeah. You're right."

They sat in a comfortable silence. Neither of them speaking anything. It was almost dusk when they decided to go to the Great Hall.

"Hey, would you like to go to the library with me ? I need some help with Charms," Jasmine asked, blushing a little.

"Yeah. I don't see why not."

"Ok. Bye Ander."

[James' PoV]

I entered the Great Hall with Atlas and Lorcan. Lysander was nowhere to be found.

"Ok. Bye Ander." I heard a melodious voice behind me. I turned to see that Jasmine was blushing slightly and waving goodbye to Lysander.

Why does she blush when she sees Lysander or Atlas but not me ?

"What was that about ? " I growled lowly at Lysander when he came to sit with us.

"Oh nothing. I just made a new friend," he replied.

"That's great !" Atlas exclaimed.

"What's great? What if she starts to fancy him ? Where will I go then ? " I asked.

" Ly-ly here can find out her favourite stuffs and put good words about you every now and then ! " Lorcan explained.

"Hmm.. this might actually work."