4. Sorting

With their stomachs churning with nervousness and heat throbbing from excitement, they ascended the train.

"Right, then. First years, this way, please. Come on, first years, don't be shy. Come on now, hurry up." Jasmine heard a voice.

"Hi, Hagrid." The Weasleys greeted with a smile.

"And who's this ?" Hagrid asked smiling at Jasmine.

"Oh ! This is Jasmine."

"Hello Jasmine."

"Hi Hagrid." Jasmine smiled.

"Bye Guys. See you in the great hall," Rox said.

"Right, then. This way to the boats. Come on now, follow me." Hagrid called out.

Slipping and stumbling, they followed Hagrid down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. It was so dark either side of them that Jasmine thought there must be thick trees there. The narrow path had opened suddenly on to the edge of a great black lake. Perched atop a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky, was a vast castle with many turrets and towers.

"Thanks Hagrid. I will take them from here," a man with round face said once they reached. He smiled at the Weasleys.

"That's Professor Longbottom. Well he was Neville for us but now we are at Hogwarts so.. he is Professor Longbottom, the Head of the Gryffindor House," Rose whispered to Jasmine.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," Professor Longbottom said. "Now shortly, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup. Now follow me."

[James' PoV]

The first years entered the Great Hall. Jasmine was walking beside Dom and Rosie. She looked around in awe. Honestly, she looks so cute. I didn't hear the names until I heard the name Malfoy. I saw Jasmine... my Jasmine smiling at him as he smiled back. Wait what? Isn't Jasmine a muggleborn? And isn't he a Malfoy? I let it go for now. Malfoy Junior's sorting took a while he was muttering something under his breath.

"Better be Slytherin !" Ha! knew he is a Slytherin. Not all slytherins are bad then again. I've met Mrs Malfoy when Mum and went shopping for my new broom. She is a pleasant lady, really. Back to the sorting.

"Albus Potter."

Albus looked a little too pale. He sat on the stool nervously.

"Gryffindor !" The Gryffindor table along with me cheered loudly. He looked pleasantly flustered.

"Well done mate. We would've loved you the same even if you were in any other house," Atlas said. My Fred and twins nodded. Al looked at me expectedly. I grinned at him gave him a side hug.

"Rosalind- I mean Rose Weasley," Neville could be seen biting back a laugh. Rose was glaring fiercely at him. She was saying something like, 'Okay be cool. Relax.' Yep totally Aunt Mione 2.0.

"Gryffindor !" She smiled. Cheers again.

"Dominique Weasley."

"Gryffindor!" Dominique flicked her hair and sat down beside Rosie. "Jasmine Edwards." As soon as her name was mentioned, I watched her carefully. She bit her lower lip as she sat down.

"Dude you look like a creep," Fred whispered.

" I am not a creep," I said getting flustered.

"Plenty of courage...hmm... and a good mind too... a kind heart... too innocent for Slytherin. Fiery temper... Bravery ! Better be ........................................................... Gryffindor !" She walked gracefully. OMG. OMG. She is walking towards me. She is walking towards me. Is she going to sit next to me ? But then she turns to left and sits between Rose and Dom, across Al and Rox. Of course what was I expecting? I was eating my food in silence when someone tapped my shoulder. It was Jasmine.

"Hi James! " She greeted.

"H-H-H-h-hi!" I said barely able to say a word. Where is Grandpa's ghost when I need to get possessed ?

"I just wanted to ask Fred?..." she said looking around and pointing at Fred (wait what ?), " Roxy is looking for you she said something about sending a letter to your parents..."

I could see my brother and cousins sniggering at me. Suddenly Jasmine vanished.

"Fred where is she ?" I asked.

"Right behind you," he said. I looked back panicked. But phew she wasn't there. I heard Fred and others cackling up.

"Oh Haha. Very funny," I said dryly.

"So I guess she's the one ?" Atlas asked.

"Yeah. Jasmine Edwards' the girl who has pocketed James' heart in her eyes."

"You need some SIRIUS training there dude. We will teach you what my father taught me and your Grandpa," Atlas said.

"Oh no. Oh no. The poor, poor girl."

"Don't be a wimp Ly. She will fall for Jamsie in a flick of a wand," Lorcan said.

[Lysander's PoV]

Oh no 3 SIRIUS' AND A JAMES = How am I friends with them ? Jasmine Edwards, I wish you good luck. James Sirius Potter, don't do anything stupid.