"Oh, yeah," I pushed my hair back, letting out a small sigh, "I just needed to get out of the house for a bit- but... That sounds lovely, I am getting kinda hungry."

"Right," Gracie fiddled with her shirt slowly, looking down at the ground for a moment before taking a step closer me, "Zayn will be there as well, Nathan invited him so-"

Zayn.

I hadn't talked to Zayn since...

It's been a while. Grace knew that me and Zayn were kind of talking and that was it. She didn't know anything else. The last time I brought him up to her I told her that me and him decided to quit talking, but I still see him at church all the time. That's how me and him met.

"I don't care," I shrugged, grabbing my bag as I put it on my shoulder, "We aren't on bad terms, I just felt like there wasn't a spark. That's all."

"Okay," She smiled, locking arms with me, "Well, let's go. I'm starving, I could eat a horse right now."

"And I told him that we weren't going to buy the house," Nathan shook his head, "The price was too high and I had my friends look at the foundation and it was crooked

"And I told him that we weren't going to buy the house," Nathan shook his head, "The price was too high and I had my friends look at the foundation and it was crooked. I couldn't believe that it even passed inspection."

"Wow, I can't believe they were trying to sell the house for that much." One of my other friends had chimed in.

I wanted to be apart of the conversation, somewhat, but at the same time - How am I supposed to relate? I still lived with my parents. I wasn't near ready to even buy a house.

Not to mention, being a english teacher does not pay well. We are incredibly underpaid and the rent around our area is so high I would have to have a roommate.

I looked up from my salad to see Zayn staring at me with a small smirk on his lips, and a blush came onto my cheeks as I bit back a smile. He was so charming, such a smooth talker and a sweet man.

But every time I saw him, I couldn't stop thinking about what we had done. It wasn't his fault. I wanted to do it too and it wasn't a problem at first, until I had realized where we had done it. My mind was so clouded. I let myself get the worst of me.

"How have you been, Anna?" Zayn cooed out, resting a hand on mine softly, "You look great today."

I pulled my hand back slowly, trying not to smile like a fucking idiot.

"Yeah, I've been well. Thank you, Zayn. And you?"

"Well," He nodded, looking back at my friends who were talking amongst themselves, then back at me, "Can we talk after this?" He whispered, "I just want to talk about everything."

My body froze, suddenly my palms started to sweat and I felt heat rise into my cheeks. If there was anything that I didn't want to talk about, it that the one thing that I had regretted the most. I felt bad, in hindsight, that I hadn't talked to Zayn after what we had done.