Chapter 5 - The Deal

Start from the beginning

    She stood and went to retrieve her cross from the floor after the beam dissipated.

"Wh- ow- Why the fuck would you use that?!" Akai groaned at the many sores he got from the cross. He reverted back to his normal self but his second set of arms remained.

    (Y/N) pointed out her reasons why she used it, the dents, the claw marks, the large burnt circle on the wall. "You two were getting too serious! We just got this wall replaced!"

"...My head..." a low moan came from Ki who was laying on his stomach clutching his head. The beam hit him face first during the fight, leaving a large bruise across his right cheek to his forehead. (Y/N) turned to look at him but quickly decided not to with a deep blush all over her face. The cross might've forced Ki back into his humanoid form... and his jumpsuit is folded up on the Keeper's desk.

"Ak-Akai, can you give Ki his jumpsuit please?" She begged while covering her eyes. Despite his sores, Akai laughed before having a straight face. Not abiding to her request. "You do it."

"WHAT?!" She removed one hand to look at him. "I can't! He's..."

"Naked?" The blond snickered mischievously. "We're both hurt from your cross. The least you could do is give him the damn suit yourself." He guilt-tripped her with a false sad tone, knowing she'll come around and do it.

    Just like he predicted, (Y/N) clenched her fist at the demon before shuffling over to her desk and quickly grabbing the jumpsuit. She also activated the steel walls to shut again before blindly scooting over to Ki who watched her the whole time. A furious blush coated her cheeks when she finally reached the demon. She held the suit towards him with one hand while the other was covering her eyes. "Please hurry and change!"

    Ki took the suit and quickly put it on for her sake. When he was done, he poked her nose with his knuckle and not a clawed finger.

"Are you done?"

"Yes."

    She lifted a finger from her eyes then removed her hands when she saw he was fully dressed. She saw the large bruise on his face and gasped. "Oh my God! Does that hurt?!"

     She stood on her tippy toes and gently placed a finger on his forehead. He flinched but didn't move away. "I'll be fine. I heal quickly."

     The Keeper sighed in relief. "I'll ask the supply station in the hall if they have any ice pa-" Akai snatched her from behind before she can finish her sentence. He held her up in the air, two of his four arms wrapped around her waist while she was pressed against his chest.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING AKAI?!" She yelped from the sudden action. Akai snickered sadistically at her flails but he had a firm grip on her, not letting her go. He looked towards Ki who was watching with no emotion. "You want payback, Ki?"

"What do you mean payback? Payback for what?!" Questioned the Keeper. She stopped flailing and began looking back and forth between the demons. Akai moved close to her ear, "For using that cross on me again."

"The first two times weren't my fault. This time I had no choice but to use it so you two can stop wrecking the room. So please put me down." She pointed out.

     Ki watched as (Y/N) and Akai bickered at each other. One wanting to be let down while the other wanting payback. 

"Promise not to use the cross again and we'll let you down." He cut them off.

"What?! I can't do that! That goes against my contract." She'll likely get striked or questioned for not using it, even worse, fired. She worked too damn hard to get here, she's not risking it for them!