Chapter 3

They continued to run as the black dragon continued to fight and as the Thalmor ran away from Helgen. Kesh and Locket both ran towards a building where all the other prisoners had gone to. Polaris ushered them inside with her unbound hands closing the door as soon as Ulfric Stormcloak had entered. Polaris set about removing everyone’s binds and removing Ulfric Stormcloak’s gag.

“What was that thing?! Could the legends be true?!” One of the Stormcloak men asked Ulfric as he went over with Polaris beside him.

“Legends don’t burn down villages,” Ulfric Stormcloak said as Polaris looked around grabbing a bag off of Ulfric.

“We need to get our things and get out of here now,” Polaris said grabbing something that looked like armor as she stripped out of her rags and into the item that she had held, not caring about the fact that she was getting naked in front of strangers.

“Um are you right there just stripping off in front of us like that?” Shadow March asked as Polaris got the greatsword which one of the soldiers had been holding and slipping it onto her back.

“If I wasn't then I wouldn't have done it. I live in Jorrvaskr for god’s sake. If I had a problem about my body I would most certainly not be a companion,” Polaris said as she tied her hair with a pendant which had a wolf fang on it.

“You guys like dogs don’t you?” Kesh asked suspiciously as Polaris chuckled and finished her hair.

“Wolves, not dogs,” Polaris said as she grabbed a few more items from one of the soldiers and put it into a small bag around her waist. 

“You mean Jorrvaskr as in the Companions of Jorrvaskr?!” Jondeir asked as Polaris, Shadow March and Locket all rolled their eyes.

“We have to move now; otherwise this place is going to come down on top of us,” One of the other soldier’s said as they looked around worryingly.

“Up through the tower! It’s our only chance!” Polaris said as she started to go up the stairs with one of the previous soldiers going up and running up the stairs.

“Stairs! Gods I don’t wanna do a cardio workout now! I just wanna be fat and happy for the rest of my life!” Kesh said as she started to do up the stairs being dragged up the stairs by Jondeir who had just got over the wonder of Polaris being a Companion.

“Watch out!” Shadow March said as they all ducked right before the wall caved in and the wall crumbled down to reveal the dragons head. It breathed fire as one of the soldiers tried to escape, however he soon became fried as he was scorched by the dragon. 

“There is an inn on the other side Polaris! You’re going to have to try and jump through the roof! When you do keep going! I’ll meet you in Riverwood later!” The man said as Polaris jumped through the side where the dragon had been and successfully landed on the floor on the inn. The other’s all jumped over after being pushed by the man and all landed without little trouble except for Kesh who fell as soon as landing and ripping her rags.

“Oh great! Now I have to go and buy new clothes!” Kesh yelled as she looked at her tattered rags. The others looked to her and told her to be quite as they snuck through the half destroyed inn. 

“Shut up Kitty Cat! We don’t need your running commentary!”  The Polaris said as she continued with the others and they went down to the ground floor of the inn. They saw the man that had earlier marked them off of a list. Polaris motioned at them to stop because he was running away and towards the direction that the dragon had taken off, “Unfortunately that is the way to the gates that will lead us away from this stupid and Oblivion saken place,” Polaris rubbed her head in pain as she thought of a way to combat this situation. There was no real way to do this without getting caught in the middle of the fight.

When the soldier had left Polaris motioned to the others to keep quiet and to move quickly. Polaris went behind the old man and the little boy that had been there and had sheltered from the dragon and knocked the two of them out in unison and throwing their bodies away from a nearby fire. Both Kesh and Jondeir looked at the Nord in shock as Shadow March and Locket just waited for Polaris to continue to move.