Chapter 3

((Author note:  I am so excited about this ranking. 12 out of 157!

It was a Saturday and that meant Sirius playing Padfoot for most of the day

It was a Saturday and that meant Sirius playing Padfoot for most of the day. It put a big smile on Severus' face. He brought Padfoot a new collar that said, Raven. He felt bad because Severus said he spent a lot of time on of the money he earned over the summer on it. He really should be saving every sickle he could get his hands on.

Today Sirius packed a lunch and brought it to Severus as Padfoot. “Thank you, Raven. I never had this much to eat before I got you. I know it's silly, but I don't trust those marauders not to poison my food. With you, there's no need to worry.” He smiled as he carefully started eating. He fed little pieces to Padfoot now and then.

Padfoot licked Severus cheek after he finished eating.

“Thank you but I already smell bad enough. I don't need to smell like a dog.” Severus joked. He started to take Padfoot for a walk. He found it odd the dog never pooped. Severus assumed he must be special or do his business when Severus isn't around. Severus was thankful he got to keep his precious dog.

“Hey, Snape.” James smiled nervously.

Severus picked up the huge dog and held him to his chest. “James please don't hurt him,” The eye that wasn't covered was overflowing tears. He was alone with no witnesses. He was sure James wouldn't miss his opportunity to make him truly make him miserable.

Seeing Severus so broken really stung James’ heart. “I'm not gonna hurt him.” James rubbed his hands through the dog's hair. He pretended like he didn't know the truth. The dog jumped all over James snuggling and licking him.

“See Snape?”

Severus looked he just witnessed something traumatic. “What is with you and stealing away things I love. How could he love you more.” he was crying out one eye and the bandaged eye seemed to have blood coming out.

“No, no. I was just playing with him. He loves you more.” James got up and put an arm around the other. He couldn't help but notice the blush.

“Sorry for my display of emotion,” he said in a low voice still not moving away.

This reminded James of when he teased Severus in fourth year. He remembers wrapping his arms around Severus and he whispered in his ear, “Wanna be my Valentine.” It was supposed to be a joke, but Snape was going to say something, but Lily told him to bug off. He then proceeded to flirt with Lily before Severus hexed him.

James wanted to try something, “Can I hug you, Snape. If I make you uncomfortable go ahead and punch me in the throat.” James held his arms out hoping he wouldn't look like an idiot.

Severus was hesitant until the dog nuzzled into his leg. It was like a sign to Severus. Severus walked into James’ arms. It felt so nice to be embraced. It felt like an eternity since someone held him like that. Sure he had Regulus, but like most of the Black family (besides the black sheep) he wasn't so open to outwardly showing affection.