17 || The Toast Talk

Start from the beginning

Hansol quaked. "Down't like it, appa... it's bita-bita very bita, but will dwink it for baba."

Jungkook laughed, craning his neck down to place a little kiss on Hansol's head. "You don't have to do things if you don't like doing them, okay? Daddy will never scold you for that" he said while adding strawberries to the sandwiches.

"Bu-but... what if I do thwings wh-which appa down't wike, by mishtake?" he asked in a small voice.

Jungkook frowned at the question and settled Hansol upon the kitchen island, not detaching himself but enough to look at his face and stood in front of the little boy who had his little hands gripping the front of his black hoodie tightly.

Jungkook locked his fingers below his chin and gently raised the little face to make him meet his eyes. "Did you do something that daddy won't like, Hannie?" he asked softly, though he knew that Hansol wouldn't have done anything wrong.

Hansol nodded slowly and remained silent while Jungkook gave him the time to speak up about it without pushing him to tell the matter.

He gulped nervously, eyes roaming everywhere but Jungkook's face."Today... at the shop..." he trailed off.

And then, Jungkook knew what was coming. His little boy was going to apologize for something he did without his conscience, again, thinking he had caused inconvenience to him. He sighed softly.

"I'm sowwy, papa. I didn't mean to... my mishtake..." A tear rolled down the milky cheek.

Jungkook wiped the tear away and caressed his cheeks tenderly with a sad smile on his lips. "Hannie, look at appa." Hansol looked at him the next instant, obediently, his baby blue eyes sparkling with tears.

"What happened today was an accident. You know what's an accident, right?"

Hansol nodded slowly. "Something thawt happensh unexshpectedwy and may caushe damage or injuwy."

Jungkook smiled. "Right. You didn't see that coming, you didn't do it on purpose. So, it was what?"

"An accshident," Hansol replied in a small voice, eyes wide and completely focused on what his dad was telling him, processing everything in his little head.

"Hmm. So, It was not your mistake" Jungkook booped his small button nose, "and you don't have to be sorry, okay?"

"Okay..." Hansol smiled slowly with a nod when the meaning of his words began to sink in.

"But-"

Hansol smile started to fade, almost immediately.

Jungkook stroked his cheek with the back of his palm. "Running after unknown people is dangerous. Today it was okay since it was Taehyung, but what if it was some bad guy who kidnaps baby boys? What will papa do if they take my bunny away from me?!" Jungkook's eyes glistened up, he was only making up situations, still, it was his only fear.

Hansol looked at him wide-eyed."Papa will cry?"

"Papa will die."

Jungkook immediately regretted uttering those words, though it was the truth, but a very sensitive topic for Hansol.

"NO!! APPA NO DIE!" Hansol threw his arms around Jungkook and pulled him in, hugging him tightly. "Bunny won't do it again... I will neve' wun to stwangers. Me neve' leave baba..."

Jungkook blinked back his tears and hugged the small petite figure in his hold tightly, rubbing his face against the soft raven locks of Hansol. "Promise?"

Hansol leaned away from the hug and cupped Jungkook's cheek with his small little hands. Baby blue eyes gazing straight into the dark black ones, his childish voice promised with innocent determination-

"Butterfwy pwomise!"

*****

Hello, lovelies!

Surprise Update!!

I want to thank every single beautiful soul who have picked this book and have joined our "AFTER love" Fam.

Only 18 chapters in, and we've already reached 4K+ reads and 700+ votes! Y'all!!
*sobs in happiness and gratitude*

Love ya, lovelies!! Thankyou so much💜
_

How was this chapter? Jungkook and Hansol's interaction... the relationship between father and son, how do you feel about it?

Don't forget to boop that little star button (vote)!

Vote, SHARE & Comment.

And follow me here: EuphoricOnyx
for updates and news ;)

-EuphoricOnyx-