06 || A Butterfly Promise.

|| Chapter 06: A Butterfly Promise ||

"Hannie... careful there buddy!" 

 "I want to take it home, papa!" Hansol giggled, pausing in his steps for a brief second before jumping up, his hands stretched out in the air.

Jungkook leaned back on his forearm, laughing at his little guy who was busy chasing after a tiny blue butterfly, carefree under the luminance of twilight.

The wide blue yonder was splashed with purple hues accentuated by the orange streaks of the setting sun, and the soft cool breeze blowing through the grass yard in the far corner of the Central Park carried along the baby squeals of Hansol and Jungkook's contented laughs.

Jungkook laid there sprawled out on the lawn, his arms behind him, unconcerned about the grass blades pricking his thighs through the ripped blue jean. His milky face adorned a light shade of pink as the cool breathe of air ruffled through his silky raven locks,  while his eyes smiled in half-crescents, following every single movement of Hansol, who ran about in a vain attempt to catch the sweet creature.

The green patch of land was almost deserted, except for one family who was not to be seen, only a small girl's and another male's voice came floating in the mild wind. He shifted his gaze towards the line of trees bordering the lawn, from where the voices seemed to flow through.

He would love to take Hansol to them and let him play with the other kid, but Hansol wouldn't like the idea. His anxiety had him on his edges almost all the time though he had no problem in conversing with people, indulging in activities with people had him think twice--- the slightest of action might unintentionally trigger his sensitive heart and Jungkook didn't want that. At least, not today. He could experiment later.

Jungkook laid back on the soft grass, eyes focusing on the mellow sky; the shy cuckoo cooing in the distance, the rushed footsteps and the soft giggles of Hansol, clouded his mind bringing a serene smile to his lips. 

Jungkook lost count of the time he simply laid there in a peaceful bubble before it burst out in sheer realisation that Hansol's little squeals were long gone and the field was hauntingly silent. 

Sitting up in horror, he looked around frantically. "HANNIE!!"

He could feel his blood running cold when he heard no response, not a sound.

Silence--- Jungkook hated it.

"HANSOL!" 

Jungkook was up on his legs in no time, running across the field calling out for his son who was nowhere in sight. He forced his mind to calm down, to think rationally, as tears threatened to spill anytime soon--- Hansol must've been distracted by the butterfly and should've followed it, he wouldn't stray away from him otherwise.