"Hm..." He looked at Feng xin for a while. "Nothing, just wanted to greet my old 'special' friend, that's all." He said while shrugging.

He took a step closer to them but Feng xin didn't step back. Instead, he hugged Mu qing and hid his face in his chest and turned his body against Chen zhu as if protecting Mu qing from a dangerous predator.

Seeing his action, Chen zhu's eyebrows twitched. "Tsk. How annoying." He mumbled. But that didn't escape Feng xin's ears.

He sighed. "Now that I have said my greetings and got the reaction that I oh so want, I'll take my leave now. See you when i see you, A-qing~" He said and turned to the door.

*Click

When the door closed and there were just the two of them, Mu qing's legs gave up and he slumped down the floor.

"Mu qing!" Feng xin kneeled down and held his face.

"Are you okay?" He looked at Mu qing's eyes, worry and concern so visible in his face.

Mu qing was expressionless and was just staring into space.

"Mu qing? Mu qing?" He tapped his face several times before he blinked.

His eyes wandered around the bathroom and when they landed on Feng xin, they stared at each other for a while when suddenly, a tear drop escaped mu qings eyes. One drop, two drops, until he's already sobbing.

Feng xin was startled with this unfamiliar view and didn't know what actions to make. He was never in this kind of situation. Without knowing what to do, he pulled mu qing into a hug. Mu qings face was buried in his chest while he's still sobbing, crying nonstop.

Feng xin's heart aches at the sight of this man so vulnerable and fragile. He patted his back gently.

"There, there stop crying now. You got me alright? I wont let anything happen to you." Feng xin consoled while stroking Mu qing's hair.

Mu qings cry gradually stopped but he stayed in Feng xin's embrace and held onto his shirt like he's holding onto his lifeline.

Feng xin let him stay like that for a while until he felt mu qings grip on his shirt loosen. He broke the hug when Mu qing's body slumped into him.

"Wha—?" He looked at Mu qing who was peacefully sleeping.

'He must be tired with all the crying that he did'

He stared at mu qings peaceful sleeping face for a while as he wiped the tears that escaped his already puffy eyes.

'Just what did that fucking bastard do to you for you to suffer like this'

This is the last thing that Feng xin ever want to witness again.

After staring for a while, he picked mu qing up and carried him in bridal style and held him carefully, full of care like he's the most precious treasure in the world.

Without much thought, he leaned down and kissed mu qings forehead and whispered;

"I'll protect you."

~~~

"Feng xin!" Xie lian exclaimed when he entered the clinic Hua cheng following closely behind him.

"Shush!" The nurse spat. Xie lian apologized and turned to Feng xin.

"Where is he?" Feng xin just pointed into the corner bed and Xie lian hurriedly made his way there.

He moved the curtains and saw mu qing peacefully sleeping with puffy eyes. Before he could even sigh in relief he noticed a slight mark on Mu qings neck.

Xie lian moved closer and inspected his reddening neck before he turned to Feng xin.

"Tell me what happened." Xie lian said with seriousness in his voice. Just then, Lang Qianqiu also arrived at the clinic and made his way to them.

"What's he doing here?" Feng xin asked.

"I told him that Mu qing's in the clinic."

"Is he sleeping?" Lang Qianqiu asked.

Xie lian stared at mu qing for a while and nodded.

"He's unconscious." Qianqiu said looking at the door. Suddenly, it opened slowly and someone stepped in.

'Why is HE here?' Feng xin thought.

"Now tell us what happened." Xie lian demanded again after the person who went in got close to them.

~~~
After he finished narrating all that happened in the bathroom, Lang qianqiu and Xie lian looked at each other and was in deep thought while the other person went close to mu qing and moved the hair that was in his face and stared at his face. His eyes lingered to mu qings neck where a red mark is visible. He touched it lightly.

"Tsk." was the only thing he said before  he stormed out of the clinic obviously enraged.

"Wait X—" Lang Qianqiu hurriedly covered Xie lians mouth and signalled to Mu qing. As if realizing something, Xie lian flinched and covered his own mouth and looked at Mu qing and sighed in relief when he saw that he's still sleeping.

Feng xin and Hua cheng on the other hand were just looking at them confused.

"Can you please tell us what's really happening? Suddenly this man arrives, chokes him and harasses him calling him my beautiful mu qing or a-qing or whatever. And what was that about him still doing track? And what's this got to do with that guy?" Feng xin continuously said pertaining to the person who just left. Clearly frustrated about not knowing anything.

With the mention of track, Xie lian unconsciously placed his hand on Mu qing's knees while Qianqiu also glanced at it.

"Well?" Hua cheng asked. Now he's also curious what's happening. He thought of the whole situation as interesting.

Xie lian opened his mouth but was cut off.

"It's already 10:30."

Xie lians eyes widened and looked at Mu qings direction.

"MU QING!" Xie lian and Lang qianqiu exclaimed in unison as they rushed over at him.

Xie lian hugged him before asking. "Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" While qianqiu was just looking at him with the same worried face as xie lian.

He sighed and sat up. "I'm fine."

Mu qing looked at Feng xin and repeated. "It's already 10:30. Your competition is starting."

Feng xin walked closer and leaned in. "That doesn't matter right now." He spat.

Mu qing just smirked. "I guess I'll win the bet then?"

"...Tsk. Fine whatever. You better be there or else." Feng xin threatened while looking at him.

"Mhm." Mu qing stayed quiet for a while before he slightly tilted his head down and said in a quiet voice  only Feng xin heard. "Thanks for earlier. Really." 

Hearing this, feng xin smiled at him and patted his head. "You can count me." He stood straight up and turned to the other three.

"I'll get going now. Mu qing if I dont see your ugly face there I'll beat your ass"

Mu qing rolled his eyes. "Whatever just go."

"We'll be there." Xie lian said and smiled at him.

"Good luck!" Lang Qianqiu encouraged. Although Feng xin still dont like him that much yet he nodded and left.