Soon, it was our last evening with them. I could feel a sad air about Jotaro. He would miss them dearly.

Finally, we were saying goodbye to them. I enjoyed being with them for the week and so did Jotaro and Jolyne.

Holly was last to hug me. She said, "Please continue taking care of Jojo, okay? Seems like you are already doing a good job at it." Then she went to her son. She gave him a hug. She said a few words to him.

I could see a few tears threatening to fall from both of them.

On the first hour ride home, I could hear an occasional sniff from Jotaro. As I drove, I would glance at him.

His hat was covering his eyes, of course.

I placed a hand over his.

He said quietly, "Now I understand why I risked so much to save her. Was I terrible to her as I remember?"

"Who knows?" I said. I didn't want to give him a sure answer as I didn't know much about his childhood. His mother told me that he was a bit aggressive in his teens, but it was no bother to her. "Your mother loves you anyways."

"Can we go back next month?"

"Of course."

"Thank you."

The 24 hour ride back was a long and arduous journey, but we made it back to Florida. We decided to drop Jolyne off home first.

When we arrived to her house, I asked, "Do you need help?"

Jolyne opened car door to get out. "No, I only brought two bags."

"Let me help," Jotaro said as he got out.

"No," she replied as she quickly got out. She opened the trunk and got out two of her bags. When she turned around, Jotaro was there. "Dad, it's fine."

He just stared for a second. He was thinking what I was thinking: she was hiding something. I bet Jolyne knew what we were thinking as well.

Jolyne said, "It's fine. I just don't want you to have to deal with Mom. She's not too fond of seeing you. And the fact you have..." Her eyes gestured to me as her voice trailed off.

"Oh," he said.

"Then she told me she was over you, and I have no idea what I'm really doing."

"It's okay," he said. "I don't either."

A silence fell in between them. They looked at each other seeming unable to find the right words.

Then the front door opened.

I hoped that I could shrink where I sat.

It was Jolyne's mother. She came over to us. She hugged her daughter and asked, "How was the trip?"

Jolyne answered, "It was great."

Then, Jolyne's mother glanced at Jotaro. She seemed surprised as she noticed the scar, then she mumbled a hello.

Jotaro mumbled a hello back.

"Jolyne told me that you lost your memory and about..." She gestured to me in the front seat."Dont worry about me, I've moved on a long time ago." She seemed to just wanted to get all of that out. She turned back to Jolyne and said, "I got your bags, and I made some dinner. Come in when you're ready." She took Jolyne's bags and proceed to walk back inside. Thankfully, she didn't so much as glance at me.

Well, they have been divorced for about 13 years. She would have to move on her own. They probably strayed apart far beyond than they could mend.

Jotaro seemed unable to figure out what to do with that interaction.

Jolyne then hugged Jotaro and said, "Thanks for letting me come with you."

Jotaro wrapped his arms around her and said, "Thanks for coming."

Jolyne waved at me. "Look out for me two weeks from now!"

I nodded, "Got it!"

This was great. There was something Jotaro have to look forward to.

He got in the car beside me. He had a content look on his face.

The rest of the ride home was quiet.

When we arrived home, we brought our bags into our room. Jotaro didn't bother unpacking them. He said, "Let's go to the beach."

"Okay," I didn't feel like taking the time to unpack.

He grabbed my hand and went to the beach. He seemed eager to get moving after being in the car for so long. He took a deep breath as went to the water's edge.

The sun was still high in the sky. The heat was doused as our feet got soaked by the waves.

"Sweetheart," he said, looking down at me.

"Hunh? You haven't called me that since-." I stopped myself as he pulled something out of his pocket.

"I may not remember most of my memories, but I've found that I kept this for you." He pulled out a little box and opened it to reveal a ring. "I want to make new memories with you."

My breath caught in my throat. "Seriously?"

"Seriously."

I mean, we already living the marriage life, but without the marriage. I didn't know what I would do without him. I loved this man, so: "Why not?"

A smile grew on his face. It was a rather big and uncharacteristic smile, but a content one at that.

I wrap my arms around his waist to pull him close into a hug.

"Hey, let me put the ring on you." He reached for my hand and placed the ring it.

I scoffed, "First of all, that's the wrong hand." I laughed as I laid my head on his shoulder. Something in me just felt so... content.

Jotaro was in touch with his immediate family. He wanted to marry me.

My stomach growled. Now I'm hungry. "Let's order some pizza. And while we are waiting, I can give you all the kisses."

He perked up at the last statement. Then he added, "And bites?"

"Sure."

"And choking?"

"We've talked about this," I groaned.

He said, "I don't remember." He genuinely didn't remember.

Of course he didn't.

I began pulling him inside. "Just kiss and bites... for now."

He sighed, "Fine."