24

Jungkook

25 December 2026

Waddling up our driveway, I maneuver not to slip on ice, make a mental note to throw some sand on it so that I won't be charged for any crime in case someone slips, and disappear inside before I freeze. This year brought a particularly cold December.

I open the door with my elbow, and close it with my foot, both hands busy holding bags with groceries, and bags with take-out full of French fries among three other dishes I couldn't make my mind between. I've barely closed the door, and I am already sweating under my four layers of clothes – thanks, temperature difference.

"Jungkook?"

"Yes, your favorite man in the world."

Eunbi makes a 'bleh' sound, but laughs with me right after. She comes to me before I can walk further in, her long blonde hair in a bun, a massive sweater keeping her warm.

"Hey, let me at least put them away," I say, smiling when she hugs my neck, pulling me down. I just said it, because I want to hug her back, enjoying how warm she makes me feel after an hour outside.

"No need to," she says. Before I can get enough of her, she sniffles and jumps back. "Ooh, Jeon, is it what I think it is?"

"Is it a paper bag full of fries I waited for twenty minutes because the line was massive? Yes, it is exactly that."

"Sacrifices have been made so I'll unpack the groceries," she says, taking the bags from me, and I take my jacket off. "Besides, I've got a coffee for you."

"That good Christmas cinnamon thing? Please, tell me that's it."

"Come, see yourself." She chuckles, and I am fast behind her, with my arms around her shoulders, speeding us up into the kitchen.

It is, in fact, my most recent coffee obsession, with more soy whipped cream than coffee, and I drink it even before we sit down for lunch. Eunbi didn't want to go shopping with me, and doesn't fail to ask about all the Christmas decorations I saw, and talk about all the cozy coffee shops we have to go to.

"Actually," I say, alternating between noodles and roasted asparagus. "Yoongi and Sora invited us over for coffee later. You know, Christmas meeting or something. Them, us, and Jimin with Vidhi. Are we in?"

Eunbi gasps, halfway through stuffing a handful of fries into her mouth, and brushes her greasy fingers into her sweats. Some things really never change. "Is this a question? A coffee means Sora's cake. Of course we are in."

"Sora's cake mean Sarang bringing me the biggest pieces," I say, as if this was the biggest revelation I can get. "You're right, we are absolutely in."

"Stop using your favorite uncle privilege." She grins.

"I'm not. She's doing it voluntarily." I fight back, but everyone knows I am, in fact, benefiting from being the best uncle in the world. No one else but me (Yoongi excluded) has been willing to dress up in all of Sarang's favorite Disney characters so far, so that automatically makes me number one.

So that we are all on the same page, a lot of things changed in those two years, from the day of our engagement. We got married a year later. Whether boyfriend and girlfriend, or husband and wife, we keep growing. Separately, cheering for one another, and together, as a couple. It seems like every year, or even every month, our love is becoming a little bit stronger, more comforting, more fulfilling. We face challenges, bigger and smaller, but we know how to deal with them. All those struggles never changed, and will never change, one thing – our decision to never let anything break us apart.