★End Of Game Accident

Warning this chapter may contain inappropriate language and mature content.

Ship - henpat

-

Henry's pov

I pant out of breath, standing next to the bench as I watch the clock and the score board. We're so close, we can win this with just one shot. But we've got two minutes to the clock.

"You good to go back out?" Coach asks, signalling to my ankle that I stand limp on.

"I'll be fine coach, you can count on that!" I exclaim, chucking my bottle back down and limping out to my position on the court.

I grit my teeth, grunting as I force all pressure back in to both of my ankles. Once everyone's in place, the ref blows the whistle and the game continues.

With a smirk, I pass the ball to Patrick who'd snuck his way around the other team. He catches, throwing it up and scoring the game point right before the bell rings for the end of match.

"Yes!" I shout, beginning to celebrate with the whole team before running up to Patrick. In the heat of the moment, I quickly wrap my arms around his neck and bring our lips together.

A slow but heated kiss distracting us from the chaos around us. I smile as I pull back, the room standing silent as I hug Patrick tight. Mostly to keep off my ankle cause it hurts so fucking bad.

"Holy shit! That end point was super cool but this puts the cherry on top of the game!" Vic exclaims, coming down and jumping on to Patrick's back.

"Youre fucking awesome babe!" I exclaim as Patrick sets me back on my feet but I instantly pull my injured ankle back up.

"A winning sports team with two homosexually students.. our school is the best of the country" our principle exclaims as he comes walking over.

Him and coach congratulate us and the team as a whole before we go off to change as I put an ice pack on my ankle. It's swollen and sensitive from when I rolled it mid game. Some douche from the other team shove in to me, I caught myself but rolled my ankle in the process.

"Can you even walk on it?" Patrick asks, tying my laces toy trainers.

"Probably not.. it'll be fine" I say softly and Patrick hums.

"I'll carry you back to the car.. you carry the bags" he says and I nod sleepily.

<>

I haven't had to be in school for an entire week. We had a half term break so now we're going back. However I'm returning back with my ankle in a cast and crutches helping me move.

Turns out, I broke my ankle that day. I have a nice vibrant red coloured cast on my ankle.

"Hey coach!" I exclaim, crippling my way in to the changing rooms to see coach.

"Nope! Back out! You're injured, you're not playing injured!" Coach exclaims and I whine.

"But Pat is sick, someone needs to be at practice!" I whine out and he shakes his head.

"You can sit and watch us but you're not joining in" he says and I nod with a sigh.

I hobble my way to the gym, waiting for the team and coach to show up as I rest my foot up on my thigh.

Practice drags on and before I know it, I'm back home cuddling up with Patrick. Relieved that the day is over.

-

Word count - 614

Hello! Sorry it's been forever, got caught up in school. Honestly gaps like that will be persistent since I don't have many ideas and I have two other pretty active books. I hope you enjoyed nonetheless!