Chapter 30 | new opportunity

third person pov

After that dinner night Lizzie took off in a rush from your apartment, you thought she was being a bit off that night and you really wanted to know what it was since you've been trying to get it out of Lizzie but she won't say anything about it.

Some parts of you made you feel like she's probably with Robbie again, but she couldn't have done that since she promised me she'll fix whatever you have this time around. But the other felt the need to actually trust her this time and just let her do her own business.

Lizzie was so excited for the meeting that night and she was sure that you are going to love her surprise. She just hoped she doesn't seem like she was cheating on you or something, but she definitely knows that you felt sad when she has to go in a rush which made her feel bad she can't tell what she was planning for you.

*the meeting*

Lizzie was on her way to a hotel for a  dinner meeting with her agent and the person she asked for with her. As she got in the hotel building and on to the fine dining hotel restaurant Lizzie scanned for a familiar face until she found her agent's face as she walked over, and greeted them before she took a seat.

"Elizabeth, I found a talented and wonderful person that would help you for this subject matter. I hope you two talk things out, I'll be on the lobby waiting, Mrs. Arnett."

"Thank you, Cynthia. Oh, and it's just... Ms. Olsen now." Lizzie flashed her a smile as her agent smiled and nod at her widely, "Of course, Ms. Olsen. It is nice meeting you." she turns to the man sitting in front of Lizzie before she walks away to the lobby.

"It's nice meeting you, I'm Gomez Diaz. I'm a producer in Universal Music Group, I heard you have someone for me?"

"Hi, I'm Elizabeth Olsen. And, yes! I do have someone for you, her name is Y/n Y/l/n she used to work at Ángeles Café. But anyway, first I need to know how this works – Do I have to let her make a song for you to listen or do I have to bring her to you-"

"Relax, Ms. Olsen." Diaz chuckled a little before speaking again, "First of, I just want to compliment Ángeles Café, they make the best cappucino in the entire LA! I've tried it. Second, no you don't have to bring her to me, I just need to hear a demo or a full song with a high quality either on a usb or just send the demo via email in a wav form – not mp3 'cos that's low quality for us producers – I need to hear its studio quality and that she knows how to handle basic studio equipments. That's all you need to know."

Lizzie kept all the information Gomez told her in mind and contemplating when she should tell you about this surprise since you have to make a song for a producer from UMG.

"You think your girl got a shot at this career?" Lizzie tilted her head a little and smirked and have a plan in mind.

*present, 2 days after the meeting*

"Why can't you just tell me??? Am I going to die if I knew about it???" You shouted from the bathroom drying her wet hair with a dry towel as you just finished taking a shower and Lizzie let herself in your apartment.

"Well, why don't you come here so I could tell you." Lizzie raised her voice so you could hear her, and you did.

You immediately went outside with your dry towel in your hand as you walked to the living room where Lizzie is. She was sitting on a couch and you suddenly feel scared looking at her sitting looking like something bad happened.

You sat beside her with a worried look before she fully turns to you and adjusted her sitting position to be comfortable. "So..." She quote.

"So...?"

"I know you quit Ángeles Café for some reason and you told us, yourself, that you might not come back to that job. So, I thought why not get you this new blossoming opportunity for you."

"What do you mean..." You looked at her blankly trying to process what she means.

Lizzie pulled out a business card from her bag and gave it to you. You took it and observed the card that has been handed to you until you realized what it is your eyes widened and your jaw shot open as you look at Lizzie then back to the card.

"Is this for real?!" You stand up and looked at the business card up close like you never wanna look at anything else besides that. Lizzie laughed at your antics as she also followed you from where you were standing in front of her.

"It is real. I know I haven't hear you sing in a while but your voice is really beautiful and you said so yourself, you love making music, don't you?"

"I-I do but..." You start to feel some anxiety growing as you realize how this is going to lead you on a celebrity path, meaning lots of people, performing in a thousands of audience. "...I don't think I can do it. Not when I'm going to have to perform in front of people."

Lizzie scoffed softly as she cups your face which made you stare at her beautiful green forest eyes sparkling just for you. "Honey, I think you would rock everyone's world if you just try this opportunity." As soon as you heard the pet name, you smirked at her.

"Oh no. What's happening? Why are you smirking like that???"

"You called me 'Honey'." You smiled like a child as she playfully roll her eyes on you, "Whatever." and pushed you which made you act like you were dramatically hurt as she laughs at you.

"But I would definitely consider this. Thank you, Lizzie." You smiled at her as she turned around to face you before she sat back down on the couch. "But how do I- What do I do??" You followed her to the couch and asked.

Lizzie explained everything to you the same way Diaz told her at the dinner meeting. Half of you were stunned that you are actually getting this opportunity to make music and be passionate with it but the other were scared you might fail.