I grab the phone and turn on the flashlight pointing it towards the sound. In the light I see Chase and sigh in relieve.

"Jesus fuck, Chase I almost had a fucking heart attack."

"No one told you to come out her at 4:30 in the fucking morning."

"Shut up. Why are you here?"

"Why are you here?"

"You first."

"Lizzie texted me to see if you were in our room because she couldn't find you." He continues. "Your turn."

"I had a nightmare and decided to go for a walk, then I found myself here." I say and he gives me a sad look. "Don't look at me like that." He stops and we start walking towards the soccer field. "Is it really 4:30 in the morning?"

"You have your phone you check." He says pointing at May's phone.

"It's actually not my phone." He gave me a confused look. "When I woke up this morning, I blindly grabbed a phone thinking it was mine, and then when I checked my messages earlier there was a contact whose name I didn't know. I opened the messages and it was somebody May was texting with. Moral of the story not my phone and I think I read some private messages."

"How private?"

"I won't tell you."

"Okay." He stares at me for a moment before looking forward again. We're in a comfortable silence until he speaks again. "You know, you don't talk much, and I don't know anything about you. You could be an ax murderer for all I know."

"Yeah well not many people do and I will assure you, I'm not an ax murderer."

"Okay, okay. If you were to tell me something personal about you what would it be?"

"Okay so you remember the first party I went to when I got here?" Maddison McKenna what the fuck are you doing. My mind screams at me but I don't care.

"Yes. You were drunk." He nods and I chuckle at that last part.

"Yeah, when I go to a party and get drunk, I remember what happens, even when I drink too much. Well when we were at the stair case we had a conversation, about how my favorite person in this world had died, and about how that's why I drink so much at parties. You remember that?"

"Yeah..." He drawls out. Time for the personal part.

"Here comes the personal part." I pause for a second because I'm actually sharing something about my life with this boy. "I actually watched him die, and it fucking broke me."

"I'm so sorry Addie."

"You know I think I'm starting to get used to people saying sorry to me."

"With the amount of times I've said it I wouldn't be surprised."

"Yeah." I chuckle humorlessly.

"Well I'm happy that you let me in a little more."

"Yeah. I should do that more, it feels great." I say sarcastically looking down.

"No but really, I never know what goes on in your head and sometimes it's frustrating not knowing how your feeling sometimes."

"I promise you it's a good thing that you don't know what goes on up there. It can get pretty fucking dark sometimes." I say and when I look up I see that we were already on the gravelly pathway to Alastair hall.

"You talking about your nightmares?"

"Yeah, they're pretty brutal those little bitches." I continue. "How did your nightmares stop?"