Chapter 74

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter 74
Reassurance
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Two nights. Y/N has been sleeping alone. In the big goddamn mansion. She asked Rindou through a message, yet he only said, I'm busy. Y/N bites her lips. I'm busy, I'm busy, I'm busy. "What's so busier than sleeping with your own wife?!" Y/N slams the phone on the mattress. She sighs. "Damn it." She pushes the pillow on her face. She needs to call him again. Y/N presses her phone against her ear, waiting for his voice to come out. "Hello?" Y/N asks. "Rin?"

"Open the door." His voice comes strict, causing Y/N to flinch in surprise. "U-Um, yes." She stands up, quickly makes a run to the front door. She twists the door knob, unlocking it before finding the male's leaning against the door. "Oh go— Welcome home." She places his arm around her neck, helping him to walk. "You smell— alcohol." She helps to lay him down on the sofa, staring at him. "Where have you been? You smell strongly like alcohol."

"Water." He whispers, Y/N sighs. She pours a jag of water into a glass, handing it to him. "Take a shower. I'll bring you new clothes." He unbuttons his white shirt. He's already in a mess. Hair messy and wet, neck tie is being undone. "Tired." Y/N nods, sitting next to him. "If you're still mad at me, I apologise. I didn't mean to say that." He shakes his head. "Said what?"

"I can tell now. But you're drunk. Take a shower first." He groans, before standing up and walks upstairs. "Prepare my clothes." Y/N nods in a Yes. She follows him from behind, opening the closet. Rindou grabs a towel, entering the bathroom as he shuts the door closed. She grabs a white t-shirt with grey pants, waiting for him on the bed. She checks the clock, it's 10:50pm. She hears the door being opened, quickly straightens her body up. "This is your—" She looks up, finding he's shirtless.

God damn. Y/N looks down again, staring at her thighs. "—Your clothes." His abs are too bulging, with his bottom just covered with a white towel. "Why are you acting like that?" He touches the clothes that Y/N folds on the bed. "L-Like what?" Ah, act dumb. Act dumb. Act dumb. That's how the main character should do. "Like you haven't seen my body before." Y/N gulps. He puts on the shirt, along with his pants. "Sorry for leaving you alone for two nights." Y/N mouths, it's okay.

He dries his hair with the towel, before hanging it on the rack. "What do you want to talk about?" Rindou lies on the bed. "Don't tell your family of yours. Just don't yet." He frowns. "Sounds serious. Are you pregnant?" Y/N's eyes widening in shock, before hitting his face with the pillow. "We haven't done that for a month already." He smiles. "Okay, okay. Then?" Now Y/N takes a deep breath. She stares at her feet, down there, with Rindou's eyes at her back.

"Sekiya is my sister."

"Pardon?" It's hard for Y/N to say that from her mouth. "Sekiya, who is known as Haitani Sekiya, is actually my sister. L/N Sekiya." Rindou sits up. "Where did you hear this from?" Y/N exhales in silence. "Your brother." Rindou draws closer to his wife, sitting next to her. "Ran?" Y/N nods. "It's not disappointing to know that she's my sister. But the fact that my father—has another daughter. That disappoints me. He lied. He hid the secret. He never told me about that before. I trusted him. I loved him so much. Yet—"

"He is a liar." Y/N's lips are trembling. "He said I'm his only daughter. Yet—" Y/N breathes out again. Her hands are shaking. But Rindou knows this is a part of her. To easily get emotional and panic. "Calm down." He holds her hands in his, holding it gently. "How should I tell my mother about this? How should I tell my mother that my father cheated on her?"

"Shh." He gives a peck on her lips. "Calm down. Relax. Don't panic." Y/N breathes heavily. "I should've been there for you if I know you get panicked easily." She shakes her head. "I need to figure out why her father sent her to the orphanage. Who's Sekiya's mother? So many things I need to know." He just nods to every single word she's saying. "It surprises me. That shems your younger sister. Uncle took her home and just told us that he took her from the orphanage. No more other than that. Didn't know Ran cared so much about her that he dived in to know about her background information."

"I want to get out of this mess. My head's about to explode." He just hums. "Come here." Y/N tilts her head, finding Rindou offering his lap. "Come." Y/N just sighs before placing herself on his lap. "Feel better?" She nods. "You don't have to worry about Sekiya. No matter how much you care about her as a sister, her behaviour can never change." Y/N stares at him. "You look tired. Did you kill people for three days straight?"

"About that," He takes out something from his drawer. "I'm sure we need time alone just for ourselves." They're tickets. Airplane tickets. "H-Honeymoon?" He gives her a nod. "I don't know whether you want to go there or not. I just chose the fuck anything that I thought was okay." Y/N chuckles, examining the ticket. "First class? Are you crazy?"

"Look at the location, idiot." Y/N pouts down. "Caribbean?" He nods. "I went there when I was 4." Wow. "I don't care where. As long as I'm with you." She pushes him down on the mattress, with the tickets in her hands. "Next week. For three days." Y/N smiles. "Sleeping alone for two nights was like hell. I can't forgive you for that." She presses her body on him. "Then, what can I do to earn that forgiveness, My Lady?"

"The honeymoon." He gives a smirk. "Which part of the honeymoon are you talking about? Love making or baby making?" Y/N pulls her body away from him. "I hate you." She pulls the blanket up, covering her body as she turns off the light. "Sleeping already?" She nods. "Still early." Y/N nods. "I have to work tomorrow." He lies down next to her, hugging her from behind. "Don't you want to do something?" Y/N keeps quiet."Don't you—"

"My dear love, you should sleep instead of talking nonsense." He kisses her neck. "We seldom kiss and have sex nowadays after getting married, don't you think?" Y/N keeps quiet. "Don't you think?" She keeps quiet again. "Y/N?" He shifts closer, taking a look at her face. She has already fallen asleep. "Ah," He places a kiss on her cheek. "Goodnight."

***
"Ahh," Ran moans, slamming the stripper's bottom part on his. "Hmm, Hmm—" Their moans go into a hot mess. "Fuuck," He curses, about to find his release. "Fuck yes," He grabs her jaw, holding it violently. "You're such a whore," The stripper just nods. He pulls her hair to the back, they're both sweating so hard. "Ah, ah—" He pounds himself into her even rougher. "I'm going to cu—"

The door is being banged loudly. Like someone's mad. "Fuck," He swears, slapping the stripper away. "Who the fuck is that?" He covers his body with a robe, opening the door madly. "You bitch. You're ruining my time." Sekiya's leaning against the door. Her hair is black. She dyed it. "Where has the orange gone?" He laughs. "What are you doing? Busy fucking women?" Ran burns his cigarette, "Woman, you mean." Just the difference between singular and plural.

"Where the hell did my file go? I know it's your doing." Ran fakes gasping, staring at the female. "Why me?" Sekiya stares at him in anger. "I repeat. Who did you give that to?" Ran puffs out the smoke on her face. "You want to join us inside? I wouldn't mind doing a threesome." Sekiya begins to lose her patience. She snatches the cigarette, slapping his face hard. "Do I look like you're joking to you?"

"Ah," He moans. "You have no idea how much you turned me on with that black hair of yours." Sekiya's lips are trembling in anger. "You gave the file to that whore, wasn't it?" Ran sighs, raising his hands up in defeat. "The whore you're talking about is your sister, I correct." Sekiya snorts. "She's never a sister to me." Ran places his hand on Sekiya's shoulder. "You should think about your words again." He smiles, before slamming the door in front of her face.

But the door opens again, with two cigarettes in his hands. "I think you should smile more," He leans closer, caressing her cheeks. "You're hot, sexy, beautiful. Ah, look at your body, how curved and slim it is. How lucky the man that can bring  you to bed. Or maybe that can be me? Don't you think, Ms. L/N—" She slaps his hand away. "Being touched by you makes me want to kill myself." She glares at him, before walking away. "Sekiya, I love women who can kill themselves for me—" He chuckles.

***
art of desire | h.rindou is now available on AO3 by @hitomifaust ! Please appreciate my hard work by commenting and voting ♪('ε)!