I raised my eyes to glance at him again to know whether he was still staring. And to my surprise, he was! But unlike before his face wasn't radiating confusion rather a small hint of a smirk. His brow lifted slightly, lips mouthing something. I keenly observed him as it was impossible to understand his words from such a long distance.

"He is asking you what's the matter?" Whispered Samaira grabbing my attention. I widen my eyes, why does she have to see it? "He is so cute..." She purrs, I ignored her comment fully.

Rudr eyes were fixed on me, I pressed a smile. I was fine how else would I convey it to him? He stared for a few seconds before he was called and soon walked out of the ground. I sighed in relief, finally, I could breathe freely. It wasn't like his constant stare was uncomfortable rather it was making me conscious. I never admired people staring at me though few eyes were on me from the people on the playground as well as students excited for the upcoming match. They had witnessed the exchange taking place between us.

Somehow connecting with the bad gang had taught me to deal with unwanted attention. I admired their skills of hardly bothering with those adoring, questioning, judging, suspicious stare. Yes! Some even were filled with jealously. Earlier I had a notion they loved to admire them rather some gazes were fixed on them as they hate the attention offered to them. They envy to grab the same attention. It was foolish! What could you expect from a teenager?

Later the time had passed silently, I wasn't a person who needed to feel every gap even if I was with my best friend. I needed my space, surely sitting among a huge crowd, shouting their lungs out was testing my patience. And on the other hand, Samaira was ignoring Varun's constant hidden glance. This person was determined to change my view of him. The person who a few weeks ago had acted arrogant, ignorant had suddenly started showing interest in Samaira.

My suspicious, overthinking, doubtful mind had suggested to me that he was up with something but my sensitive, romantic, idiot heart had to adore the care and concern hidden in those black orbs. Samaira was finding it hard to ignore him, I pressed my lip tightly not voicing a word.

"Ruhi! When will the match start?" She was sounding frustrated. Had she started disliking Varun? Shouldn't she be glad for the attention, he was offering? But she was mad at him, right? But it wasn't his fault if his friend behaved like an asshole. 

"Maybe a few more..."

"I can't take it any longer." With those, she stood from the seat.

"Samaira we can't..." she wasn't waiting for my response. I followed her out of the playground. What the hell! I thought it was easy shipping for two. Surely, Samaira had pulled her mind from him.

"What was that Samy?" I inquired, irritated with myself.

"You know I can't deal with Varun... he tests me..." I interrupted her.

"What had he done? He is providing you with attention. He was away from his gang for you, he wanted you to enjoy your time with me and for that, he was distancing himself from his friend. Don't he deserve forgiveness? What even had he done in the first place?" I was frustrated with the mess and maybe I wanted to sort things out. It was annoying to deal with so many things alone.

"Are you kidding me? Have you forgotten those insults? They humiliated you on the playground among the entire crowd. What about the cafeteria incident? How could you forget everything?" She was staring at me with utter disbelief as if she couldn't believe her ears. As if I had behaved in the worse way possible.

"Had Varun ever uttered a word against us, against me?" I questioned her back. "You can't ignore him or be mad at him for the sins he never committed. His friends are to be blamed not him..." She interrupted me, shook her head in horror.

"You have lost it, Ruhi! Maybe they had changed you fully. I was mad at him for you because for me you're most important than anyone." She pushed back her tears, staring at me with sadness. "I thought at least you would support me not them but I was wrong. You had distanced yourself from me. You didn't even tell me the entire story of last night. I wasn't even aware that you were locked in the library along with Ehaan. I wasn't even aware of the cafeteria incident, you have changed Ru!" She keenly observed me waiting for a response. I was dazed by her statement, I couldn't believe she uttered those words.

Brushing tears off, she walked away leaving me alone. How come she knew about Ehaan's presence in the library? I wasn't planning to conceal it from her but somewhere deep down, I wasn't intending to share it with someone. Ehaan's warning was fresh in my ears. He wasn't joking when he spoke those words and I never liked betraying people. Maybe he never had trust in me yet I felt the need not to purposely make it viral. Somewhere due to him, and his friend I was able to get out of the building and even contact my parents.

I hadn't distanced myself from her! I couldn't entirely blame her for it. I was so occupied with myself, I hardly could properly talk with her. If we were provided with any free lecture, I would busy myself with completing the homework. I hardly got time after reaching home. And tiredness neither helped me in any manner. I scrolled towards the school building, my entire mood was off. And I wasn't going to worsen it further revisiting the playground. I would walk home, it would be better.

I was wandering in the hallway, tears rolling down my cheek. I needed to have control over myself. I couldn't carry myself in public transport as a walking zombie. My hair wasn't helping me, I hadn't touched it for the past few hours. I never cared, how I looked! I rolled my eyes, pushing the door of the washroom.

"Fuck! Don't enter..." before I could listen to the words, I had opened the door. Why a male voice was coming from the girl's washroom? I widen my eyes in surprise upon seeing the devil standing at the corner of the basin. His eyes radiating anger staring at me, those dark brown orbs on the verge to kill anyone. His nose exhaled some smoke followed by the opening of the reddish-brown lips.

He wasn't just in a girl washroom but smoking in school! Could he behave more insane!

"Fuck! Not again!" He cursed muttering more inappropriate words. "Fucking insane!..." I twisted my nose in disgust, how could someone curse so much? Idiot!