"No!"

She froze, glancing around to see a young girl, a little older than her, looking at her with a horror struck face.

Luna looked from her to the man on the floor.

"Please!" The girl said again. "Don't hurt my dad!"

Luna looked from the man to the girl, again and again, before she lowered the knife.

"Thank you!"

The man stood up and spoke with a thick accent. "Get the fuck out of our house, thief!"

Luna scoffed. "Don't call me a thief! I thought this place was deserted!"

"Well, it wasn't now, was it?" A pregnant woman appeared behind the girl, and raised an eyebrow. 

"Obviously not," Luna rolled her eyes. "Look, I won't hurt you if you tell me a way out of this damn forest."

"You won't hurt us?" The man scoffed. "There's one of you, little girl, and four of us."

"Yeah, and I cut the balls of the last five guys who I saw," She lied. "Now tell me, how the fuck do I get out of this forest?"

The pregnant woman glared at her. "Don't act all innocent. We know who you're working with."

"I wasn't acting innocent. I said I cut off balls."

"What I mean is I know you're with Carver!"

"Um," Luna laughed lightly. "I'm not with anybody, okay? Last time I was with people, they all died."

"Says who?"

"Says the Grim Reaper!"

"Okay," The black haired man stepped in between them. "I'm sure it's fine. Look, who're you with then, if not Carver? Cause there's no way you're here on your own."

"I am," Luna said. "I was holed up in a basement at the edge of the forest for a week, and now I've been stuck in the forest for three days. I just wanna get the hell out of here."

The man looked at her suspiciously. "How'd we know you're not lying?"

She shrugged. "Whoever this Carver guy is, would he really want me carrying around a stuffed crocodile?"

The girl's eyes lit up. "You have a stuffed crocodile?"

"Yeah, Croaky."

"So, when'd you loose your people?" The woman asked.

"Ages ago, I don't see how it matters!"

"I say we let her stay the night," A man Luna hadn't noticed in the back said. "Interrogate her all you want, Becca, and if we're sure she's not with Carver by morning, then we can let her leave."

"And if she is?" The woman, Rebecca said. "What then?"

"I don't even  want to stay here! Just give me a map and I'll be gone."

"I say she stays," The black haired man said. "If she's with Carver, we shouldn't let her leave."

"I don't see how this is a good idea," Rebecca said.

The man in the doorway sighed. "She's a kid, Rebecca."

"Yeah, that could be with Carver! You know what that means!"

"Imagine if it were Sarah? Even if she is with Carver, I doubt she'd know what she was doing."

"Fine," The man with black hair said. "But we don't let her leave until we're sure. In the meantime, girl, what's your name?"