お願いします

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗𝐍𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

𝐍𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

IT WAS ONE TO KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, AND ANOTHER TO RACE. It all was all about the feeling you got when doing either. For everyday drivers, they got into a car because they needed to get somewhere. Places that they knew every day. For racers, they felt the car. They knew every sound the machine should make. Feel the rumble as the engine sparks to life. The screeching of tires when they turned. The smell the car would give off after moments of it being on. The mindless thinking of shifting from gear to gear. For a racer being in a car was an extension of oneself.

Driving for racers felt empty, calm, a brake from the constant adrenaline to precise attention to a moving machine on four wheels.

Amara had grown up in Japan and knew nothing more than the small country. The bright-lit cities, along with the dungy streets with constant bikers everywhere. The overcrowded trains to get places. The hundred of people in the streets that cross at once. Then she got to know the racing world.

Her father had always insinuated there was more to Japan than what the eye could see. Never would she have thought that it meant modified cars that drove at speeds she couldn't imagine.

It all really started when she became friends with Neela Ezar. The girl who would accidentally get her into the world beyond racing. The side where people could be owned, the world that was run by a single man and his posse.

The two were always singled out due to how different they looked compared to everyone else around. Amara with her shiny gold hair that could be spotted miles away in the sea of black and brown hair. Her innocent look on her face with her always rosy cheeks.

But the blonde was far from innocent, she talked back when people gave her or Neela shit. Not caring if she was sent to detention, suspended, or in trouble. The girl always found it growing up. It took a while for everyone to realize that. Until one day it stopped, they became afraid of her rather than seeing her as a target.

In a way, it was Takashi that did her that favor. The boy had spotted her alone once and thought himself brave enough to talk to her. But the darling blonde wasn't having any of it. She wasn't going to let some boy rule her life because he thought himself king.

The people that were there for the race between the two had been lucky. Neither of the two was experienced, they drove shitty cars for a few blocks. It was lucky that she had passed him when she did. Because that day she had bought herself freedom.

Rather than be salty about the loss, the two became friends. Or as much as they could be either way. They had reluctantly become closer when he had spotted Neela. A relationship was more toxic than Amara and the color green.

And one holy day came where a stranger sat in her unassigned seat at her favorite ramen place.

"You're sitting in my seat," the voice of Amara spoke to the stranger.