07

=====

=====

Bokuto could tell you, first-handedly, that life was so, so fucking unfair. He wanted to walk alongside Shouyou and his overly large dog, talking with him, and protecting him, and getting turned on as Shouyou licked at his dripping ice cream in the park...

but no. He had to be here, burying this disgusting pig that twisted his leg just a little too much. He had absolutely no right to touch Shouyou that way, let alone doing it so roughly. What was he? A fucking animal?

Swinging the shovel atop his shoulder, he wiped his sweat away, making his way down the large mountain with an obviously angered look, dirt tossed all over his sweat-ridden skin and clothes.

"This fucking sucks..." He growled, tossing the shovel into his trunk and getting in the driver's seat.

-----

Huh? That guy from last night isn't answering... I thought he said it's okay to call? What a jerk, that stupid no-name...

"Come on, Boy! Let's head home!" He called, whistling for his dog and standing up from the bench. People leaped out of the way, gasping at the large dog running toward the small male, who was smiling widely.

"Good boy~! Good boy~! Sit!" Odessey sat, allowing Shouyou to clip his leash back on. "There we go..! It's getting dark, so let's come back another time, okay?"

Woofing happily, Odessey stood proudly beside his owner, walking beside him and horrifying both people and dogs alike.

"Is that a fucking bear?" Someone whispered, squealing when Odessey looked in his direction. "Don't listen to them, Odessey, you're beautiful," Shouyou stated with a smile, patting the dog's head before turning his direction back to the path in front of him.

What he saw on his porch stopped him in his tracks.

-----

Bokuto turned his hairdryer off, running a quick hand through his hair and calming his racing heart before deciding to call Shouyou up. Worry overflowed him when he didn't answer, and he grabbed his keys quickly, making his way out of the building.

"... 'Geyama..." Shouyou barely whispered, the leash slipping from his hand and allowing Odessey to dash forward and greet the taller male on Shouyou's studio porch.

"Uh... Hey..." He muttered, scratching at his head and using his other hand to pet Odessey. Shouyou could feel his phone vibrating in his pocket, but the noise it made seemed distant. He took a step back, trying to be strong.

"O-Odessey..!" He ignored his voice crack, snapping shakily a few times to his dog, who ignored his call, to busy being rubbed by Kageyama. The raven-head felt his heart break a little at the sad shake in his ex-boyfriend's voice.