Ch.33 - Laugh Or Love, Die Or Try

Start from the beginning

She felt ridiculous and awkward but there wasn't much she could do about her natural reactions. Growingly she was finding her crush raising to skin level where it was harder to keep under wraps--not that it was a bad thing, not with, you know, their natural thingy (not a relationship. Just a, yeah, a thingy).

The given time to read had sure been interesting as she kept finding her wandering stare matching his. On those occasions he would simply smile and go back to his book. Her book. The one she had leant him. The same way she was reading his Charlie Chaplin book. Almost reaching its back cover by now.

She was physically much looser today. Her stress levels had plummeted after seeing him yesterday. The still rising weird sensation that is the realization that she and Robert, that they, what happened yesterday. It was real and it was a lot. Should she ask how he's doing? Would that be too personal? Maybe she shouldn't. Or she should?

Tossing and turning his proclamations that he was in the midst of legalizing separation and he had a daughter. A tiny little five year old girl named Ava. Twelve months younger than Moll. Crazy. Charlotte had then proceeded to ponder over what Molly was up to at this very moment. Maybe practicing counting, or writing. Reading.

What did Robert's daughter look like? Did she have her fathers kind, warm, features or her moms Hollywood like looks? Maybe a mix of both. Probably not old enough to tell, actually.

A wife--ex-wife?

She seemed so cold, so opposite to Robert. What had they found in each other that had them deciding on marriage? Well. If anyone knew that people can change, it was Charlotte. Anyways, it was none of her business. Right? It didn't affect her, and it wouldn't besides the fact that her and Robert were nothing but naturally moving along. Being there for each other. No labels. No boundaries.

Tentatively she moves back into the classroom. Her backpack slung over her single shoulder, peeking into the space to find it clear of students.

She had waved off her friends as best she could, trying not to seem like she was going straight back into the room they had just vacated. Not that they weren't used to that though. They knew she stayed behind awaiting her ride from her mom. The thing that was different today though was that her mom thought she was going off to study with them and would be back by five to drive back to the house. A just under three hour free window. So since most faculty likely knew her face as Terry's daughter, she was on stealth mode feeling some what like a tame James Bond--although just thinking like that was making her stupidly nervous.

Whatever.

She slips into the room and Robert glances up like he's just finished a coughing fit, looking from his desk, peering over his glasses as he finds whose walked into his room. He straightens, kicking his feet from off his desk. "Hey." He grins, clearing his raspy throat. "Thought you'd gone."

She double checks the space, before replying. "Nope, not yet."

"Just you and I." Referring to her wariness if they were alone or not. She deflates from her strict posture, relieved to finally be able to chat with him. He waves her over, putting the papers he had been reading aside. "You've got to look at this."

"Yeah?" She wanders over, trying to slow her speedy heart rate because come on, really. "Look at what exactly."

He flips up the top paper as she comes to stand before his desk, showing a perfect score. Her scribblish hand writing barely making her tiny printed name readable. Lightly she laughs. "Good. I worked hard on that analysis."

"Certainly showed." He comments, putting the sheet neatly back where it belongs.

There's a bit of a lull as she wants to say something, ask him how he's doing, but they both end up glancing at the door hesitantly. Nervous as to whom could easily glide in and make assumptions of exactly what lay between the teacher and student.