"You finally went out of the cave, huh?" Kuina asked while Chishiya took a sit next to you.

  "It was about time." he said, his expression changing at the sight of the people partying in the middle of the day. "They look so stupid."

  "Maybe this is their way of coping with a possible death at any moment." you defended them, just because you didn't want to agree with him. Chishiya was right, they do look like a bunch of idiots.

  "Of course you would think that." Chishiya said. By his tone, he was trying to get a reaction out of you. Here we go again.

  "What exactly are you implying?" you tried to keep your calm.

  "You're the type of person who makes excuses for other people. You should stop that. They can handle themselves and if they don't, it's their problem. If they die, it's on them." he answered.

  "Have you ever played a Hearts game, Chishiya? Where you had to be the one killing and even if you didn't, their deaths would still bother you? I did. I had to watch everyone kill themselves like animals and I did nothing to stop them, because I wanted to survive. I didn't care, I still don't care, who dies, as long as I live. But I'm still bothered. I don't know if by the deaths, or myself. Maybe both. You have no idea what type of person I am, so you should stop trying to read me, without even trying to get to know me. With all this being said, I'm not making any excuses, I'm stating the obvious, Chishiya." you got up from your chair and your eyes went on the girl who watched the two of you in silence. "See you later, Kuina."

  You walked away from the two of them. Chishiya talking as if what he says is the most intelligent statement, angered you. He was smart, but being a total jerk was a different story. He was already doing it on purpose to annoy you and you hated that, which could only lead you to hating him.

  After you left, Chishiya was still taken aback by everything you said. Kuina was surprised too, but she was expecting it coming from you. If someone could shut Chishiya up, it was definitely you.

  "She's right, you know? You should give her a break. I know you like teasing her, I find it cute sometimes, but this time you've outdone it." Kuina felt like telling him and sighed. "I enjoy your company, Chishiya. You're great, even if I know you wouldn't hesitate to throw me into a fire for your own benefit. But these past few days Y/N has been probably my best friend. I told her things that not many people know about and she opened up to me, as well." she continued.

  "Did she tell you?" Kuina knew exactly what he was talking about.

  "Yes, she did. I get that you only see her as your parents' choice, but try to understand that she is feeling the exact same way. If you hate your parents, you don't have to hate her, too."

  Chishiya knew Kuina was right, but he had no idea how to react around you. He was also too stubborn to give you a chance. As Kuina said, he didn't want to think that his parents made a good choice.

  "You have no idea about my parents, Kuina, so don't even try mentioning them." Chishiya said harshly. "I don't hate Y/N, I hate the idea of liking someone they chose. It just happened to be her." he explained and right after, Kuina was left sitting alone.

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

  You were in your room, doing nothing. It's been a few hours since you left Kuina with Chishiya by the pool. You didn't regret a single word from earlier and you hoped that it made him realize, at least a little, how wrong he's been treating you.
  You had nothing to do in your room, but you'd rather stare at the ceiling than run into Chishiya again.
  Everything you felt around him was making you sick. Anger, admiration, frustration. Totally different emotions that you felt all at once. No one else has ever made you feel so much, like Chishiya did.