Nails on skin

I originally wanted to keep this story as a one-shot but spontaneously decided to continue it, so if you want to keep it in memory as a one-shot stop right here.

a week after the incident

Dick's apartment at 11:34 pm

Dick is laying in his bed and thinking. Usually it's the time of his routine where he fights crime as Nightwing but today he took a day off, which he doesn't do very often.

The incident with Harley Quinn happened a week ago and somehow he managed to suppress the thought of it for the whole week until now.

Today is the day he lets himself think about this.

Collecting some points in his mind he comes to one general conclusion.

That this was the best sex he ever had.

Well, of course he wasn't a virgin, not with his looks. If he's honest he had slept with many people but it wasn't that good. Not even his former girlfriends like Batgirl or Starfire could let him feel what Harley made him feel.

It was probably the fact that he was sleeping with a villain, exposed to the public and at the risk of being caught by somebody which made him feel that way.

Or maybe it was something else but he can't really determine what exactly.

one of Joker's hide-outs at 11:34 pm

A week ago Harley had a fight with joker and that thing ...

with Nightwing.

By now Joker and Harley have made up. It looked more like Harley crawling back to the Joker as always but whatever she says.

As Harley thinks about the incident with Nightwing, she grabs a KitKat and sits down beside her hyenas to have a talk. Although usually she just talks to herself.

Sharing her last piece of the bar with her pets after minutes of talking, she comes to a similar conclusion as Nightwing.

That this was the most unique sex she ever had. And that with a guy too.

somewhere in Gotham (again) at 12:02 am

After Nightwing rolled around his bed and continued to think about what happened, he wants to get some fresh air. And maybe he could even meet Harley and talk with her? No there was no way that would happen, right?

Getting into his Nightwing suit he rushes out of his apartment just to get on his motorcycle and drive towards the sign mentioning Gotham.

By the time he is arriving in Gotham he heads to the place him and Harley met last time and unexpectedly she is there, waiting for something telling by the looks. As Nightwing moves towards her she seems suprised herself to see him here. Too suprised to get a word out she heads for some fire stairs and finds her way up a roof.

somewhere in Gotham (again) at 12:02 am

After talking herself out, Harley got into her costume and prepared to beat up some thugs in Gotham city. Maybe even meet some friends of hers. But surprisingly her feet dragged her to the place she had her last moment with Nightwing.

As she is standing there in the same narrow alleyway like a week ago and just thinking about everything, she sees somebody approaching her.

When realising that it's Nightwing she is suprised, so she just reflexively heads for some fire stairs near her and climbs them up until reaching a rooftop.

After Nightwing follows her to the roof, she stops running and turns to him. When approaching her calmly, he tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear and slides his thumb over her lips. For a few seconds, there's a pause where both just look into each other's eyes but Nightwing interrupts the pause by placing a delicate kiss on Harley's lips. She weirdly doesn't kiss him back although he can feel that she wants to, he lifts his head back up and stares in Confusion.