The Setting Sun

Começar do início

"Listen to my heart beats. Don't think anything, just listen" And so he did.

Lub dub, lub dub, lub dup..........

After a few moments Chuuya's breadth calm down. After realizing, the brunette looked down to find Chuuya's almond eyes close peacefully in slumber. The said brunette let out a shaky breadth and thought:

"I don't remember being a psychologist but I would not mind being one if I get to wipe tears from such a pretty face"

He sighed after completing his words. What happened to him? Is he trying to flirt with an unconscious ginger?

"Dazai, Dazai. What happened to you?"

After that Dazai fastened his mouth up.

Reason 1) He is not a lonely person [at least that is what he tells himself]

Reason 2) He has to focus on the ginger in hand [not to woo him. Not at all. He has to find his peers. Nothing else. (Key: look at the bracket content in reason 1)]

******************************

He could feel his limp body and heavy head. He felt a wet sensation on his face. Not being able to comprehend the darkness he slowly peeled his eyes open which were glued shut. The first thing he notices was a figure of one person hovering over him. He blinked his eyes twice. Now he could make out the person in front of him. The person had dark brown eyes and light brown hairs. The strayed strands were shining with a hue of reddish brown in sunlight.

"Chuuya are you ok?", a worried voice- which belonged to Kobayashi - asked. Chuuya felt numb and could not muster a reply. Instead he was looking at his savoir who had sprinkled some water on him. Receiving no reply from the ginger, the brunette tried in Kobayashi's stead:

"It seemed you had a nervous breakdown in the washroom", the person was all sweet and sugar and wore a gentle smile as he continued, "Are you ok now?".
Chuuya's mind could comprehend the slow pace with which the brunette was speaking. He nodded a yes and Kobayashi sighed in relief. Chuuya adjusted himself on the bench but didn't try to get up as his mind was still in a daze. He perked his ear when Kobayashi spoke:

"Taro went off to get us something to eat. Poor boy almost died when he saw you like this", a smile, quite small, settled on Chuuya's lips as he took in his friend's word. Sure enough Taro was a good friend which Chuuya would not like to loose on any cost. For a split second Chuuya felt the brunette withering like sunflower at night, but it was gone as soon as it came. As if it was never there at all.

"I didn't catch your name", said Chuuya surprising both Kobayashi and the brunette with the sudden speech. The brunette smiled while Chuuya started to get up with the help of backrest of the bench.

"The name's", he started, "Dazai. Osamu Dazai"

Chuuya blinked once before giving him a smile that compete the beauty of a crescent moon.
"As in the aspiring writer, Dazai Osamu from Aomori?" Chuuya asked.

"You know me?"

Dazai beamed and seemed genuinely happy.

"I've read your short stories in a literary magazine and one in Japan Times. They were nice considering the short time you have been in writing"

"Chuuya Nakahara, it is nice to have an acquaintance with you. Your friend had introduced you while you were unconscious. It is nice to meet a talented aspiring poet such as yourself."

Chuuya burst out laughing at the overly formal brunette but told him that it is nice to him too, like he would tell to anyone else when he is sober.