𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭

that night amanda's skin crawled at the thought of where lynn might've been. she genuinely didn't know why it bothered her so bad. she enjoyed the company of lynn and the smell she had was memorable and it's all she thought about as she laid.
and she started to really hate john. she hated the thought of his name and the thought of being his caretaker and minion.
she knew she couldn't leave. she began to cry.
but as she did, in the corner of her eye she noticed that lynn had left her shirt.
amanda stared at it but then slowly picked it up.
without thinking, she cried into the shirt.
she couldn't tell if she really missed lynn or she was just lonely.
or both.
she had no one for the longest time until john and now the way he treats her is starting to feel more distant.
she felt lost.
she had communication with other people before but lynn was a bit different.
amanda did have a connection with a girl in the nerve gas house trap, but she never spoke of it and had to hide it anyway because she knew she'd die and stuff.
but lynn had something about her it seemed.
even if amanda and lynn acted out towards eachother there was still something lynn had that no one else really seemed to have.
she still drained her.

BOOM
a loud bang occurred unexpectedly that night.
amanda was still wide awake but didn't think the noise was much at first but just old pipes or something.
but it happened again.
BOOM BOOM
amanda quickly stood up with her gun in the back of her pants.
"hello?!" she said walking out of her room.
there was nothing.
amanda's heart started to race.
she thought maybe it was just another nightmare but this was too real it seemed.
"is someone there?" she said again, but more quietly.
there was nothing again, all she could really hear was the sounds of rats in the vents and hard rain from outside onto the roof of the warehouse.
"fuck." she said to herself, getting frustrated and going back to her room.
"amanda." a voice called softly from behind her as she entered her room.
in the shadows from afar, there stood lynn with a coat held in her hands as she trembled nervously (unless she was shivering from the cold).
amanda was at a loss of words.
seeing her standing there was so unexpected to her.
"what are you doing here?" amanda's words got quieter as she spoke.
"oh, uhh.." she looked down at the floor, "i'm not sure."
mandy stared at her.
then she sniffed and said, "well you better get going then", amanda continued, "since there's nothing here for you." she had already been gone so long anyways she didn't care.
lynn came closer,
"well, no..i came here to see you." she spoke as the light lit half of her face.
"me?"
"mhm.." lynn then stepped completely towards amanda to where she could see her entire face in good lighting, "i just.. well, uh, jeff and corbett went somewhere—not the police though, i swear. jeff didn't even know what this place was called..he didn't pay much of even attention he just wanted to get out of here i think." she said, "plus it was kind of dark." she smirked a little.
"and you're here..for me?" amanda said.
"yeah," she smiled a little, "i guess so." she said lightheartedly.
"what for?" amanda asked.
"i guess i just liked your company."
amanda stared at her, her heart was beating so fast she thought that lynn could hear it herself.
amanda then laughed and said, "john doesn't even want you here."
"well i'm not here for him, am i?"
"guess not." amanda looked at down at her shoes, "something bads gonna happen soon."
"what do you mean?" lynn said.
"i did something." amanda spoke.
lynn waited.
"it was pretty bad."
lynn took amanda's hand and they both sat down on amanda's bed.
"i was told to kill you,"
lynn stared, amanda felt lynn start gripping her hand less than before.
"because i killed johns baby, and he told me to kill you or he'd tell john what i did. he doesn't want me here."
"wait who did this?" lynn asked.
"i'm scared he's listening."
lynn sighed.
"i'm so scared how johns gonna react." amanda started tearing up.
lynn squeezed amanda's hand again.
"how did it happen?" lynn asked her.
"i swear it was an accident, we just wanted to borrow some stuff—" amanda began crying harder.
amanda fell to lynn's shoulder, and lynn's hand met amanda's head, caressing it.
"i'm sorry," lynn told her, "i don't know the full story, but you don't have to blame yourself."
"he's gonna hate me-"
"shhh, you don't know that."
"i don't get why you're so nice to me all of a sudden." amanda sniffed, "i've been so terrible."
"i don't hold grudges." lynn shrugged and smiled a bit.
"that's good." amanda smiled, leaning up.
"we should go out." lynn suggested all of a sudden.
"out? what do you mean?"
"like, go out, have fun?"
amanda held a blank stare not knowing how to answer even if it were simple.
"i don't know." amanda said shyly.
"come onn, don't you get bored?" lynn said nudging her.
amanda shrugged but smiled at her.
"i think it'd be good for you."
"how so?"
"just getting out of this place would be better for a while anyways, right?"
"i don't know.. something could always happen to john."
"he'll be fine?" lynn told her.
amanda thought to herself for a bit.
"well, okay."
lynn smiled really big saying "yay", and pulling amanda up with her.
amanda put on her favorite leather jacket along with her favorite boots and scurried away with lynn out the doors of the plant.