ii. 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖺𝖼𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

Start from the beginning

"You wouldn't understand."

Layla rolls her eyes. "I wouldn't understand because I've never had a boyfriend. I don't need to understand to know that your relationship is toxic!"

Thea slams her spoon on the counter. "I'm not having this conversation with you, okay?"

Layla sighs before going back to eating her cereal. She will just have to decide on her own if their relationship is toxic or not. Maybe the distance between them will make her realize that she can actually function without him.

"Mom told me that our cousin will likely be in the same grade as you," Thea tells Layla. The redhead raises her brow and she frowns. "Mom's brother's daughter? What's her name again?"

"Lydia. And you could just say uncle."

"Yeah, but I don't know the man. I just found out about our uncle and cousin two months ago. Don't you find it weird that we never knew about them?"

"No. Mom and her brother never had a good relationship, so when she left this town, they lost all communications. She probably thought there was no need for us to know about them," Thea explains to the girl.

"It's still weird. Even if you don't have a good relationship with your sibling, your kids should still know they have an aunt or uncle."

"We don't know their reasons, so we shouldn't say anything," Thea tells her. Layla sighs nodding. She should just forget about it.

After the sisters are finished, they lock the house before leaving in Thea's car.

* * *

Thea stops the car in the parking lot of the school. There was still some tension between this from this morning, but luckily, they didn't make it obvious. They're just pretending it never happened. Thea takes out her lip tint, and she applies it to her lips. "Why are you putting on lip gloss?"

"It's lip tint, and I'm putting it on, so my lips looks nice today," Thea says before putting it away. Layla sighs and she smiles, "At least you don't wear heavy makeup."

"Why would I? I have flawless skin."

Layla rolls her eyes and she exits the car. The grabs her bag and her phone before closing the door. Thea locks her car and she turns to Layla. "My class ends around three thirty. And yours?"

"Three o'clock."

"You can wait thirty minutes, right?" Thea asks. "Sure."

Thea nods before she walks off, leaving Layla alone. Her sister seems pretty confident walking into a new school.

She now first had to find the principal's office, then she has to find her class. She didn't want to he treated as the new girl, but she most likely will.
Layla walks on to the pavement, towards the entrance of the school. She walks past the dumpster just when someone walks into her, pushing her against the dumpster and to the ground.

"What asshole can't see where he's going?"

"I'm sorry." Layla looks up to see a shaggy looking kid standing above her. He holds his hand out for her, and she accepts it.