[11] WORLD OF WONDERS [II]

Hey, love! 😊

I know this update took awhile and that's on the fact that school has started and I was trying to give you guys the best!

And guess who's officially on 10k? I was so excited when I saw it. Thank God for you guys.

I won't lie, for a moment, I was demotivated since I'd lost a lot of my old readers. But I believe that with time, I'd gain back everyone's trust. 🌝

This chapter was so interesting for me to write. OMG! I really can't wait to hear your comments and what you think about this chapter.  Grace is a real case, ngl.

This chapter is dedicated to Iyanuoluwa-Temi. Thank you so much, girl. 🤍

Let's get to it! 😊

•••

What!

At that second, the elevator doors dinged open and we walked out, allowing the waiting strangers to occupy it. We were on the top floor of the building and only the best exhibits were situated here. Some might say that this floor was the highlight of Orion museum and I hated to agree but it was the absolute truth. Woven through several corridors and doors standing at each corner, every room had something new and exciting to offer.

Even so, the white themed corridor was stretched farther down than my eyes could follow, with a superior decor and design that made it have more standard than an average passageway would.

“That’s not fair.” I glowered at him, idly letting my eyes travel to the acrylic marble tiles thereafter.

Momentarily, he tore his attention from observing the space-related digital prints placed on the opposite walls of the hallway as we advanced leisurely.

“Margaret Atwood; Life’s not fair, why should I be?”

“And that doesn’t help at all.” I rolled my eyes and at that rate, I’d be spinning my eye balls right out of their socket.

“You never answered my question, Gray. I’m only returning the favour. Plus, I don’t like being wrong. My theory would be baseless without your answer,” he spoke concisely and for once, he seemed oddly serious.

I frowned and narrowed my gaze down to the floor. His question made my chest clench and sent a cold shiver through me. It directly pierced at something fragile within and on instinct, my defenses rose to a scary height. Perhaps if it was someone else, I would have gone on the offensive and shut them out completely. But it was Jeremiah - he was different...to me. I opened my mouth to speak but they shut on their on accord when no words came out.