"Against me?" She raised a brow and peered back to him before he wrote another note. (F/n) read it as she took another bite, and Lee was secretly glad that the ice cream seemed to be working.

I hope that you don't mind me messing with Anita if an opportunity allows for it and it doesn't mess up your plan. Perhaps, Kaleb and Tristan later on. Maybe, Tristan early on. Don't know yet.

"... I don't know." (F/n) twirled the spoon back and forth. He saw her hesitant expression, and Lee crossed his arms. "I want to be careful. I don't want to ..." Her words stopped when she saw him push off of the counter and walk towards her. He rested a hand on top of her head and leaned down as he passed her another note he had been working on while she spoke. Really, it was like he could read her mind at times.

You don't want to become them. You're afraid of stooping to their level. But, you're not. You're doing what needs to be done to stop their plan, and you're also being kind enough to save their lives. Lee rocked back and forth a little. But if you're really that worried, don't give me approval. Get mad at me if you want. But, I've killed before. Now, I'm simply messing a bit with their heads. His eyes met hers, and she felt like he was smiling. I'd call that progress.

Did she ever expect to burst out laughing like she was currently with Lee? No, not at all. It still felt very, very weird. Yet, she just performed the action like it was natural even though the topic was by no means normal. It was morbid, but she was laughing. "Did you ... put something ... in this?" she asked between laughs. Lee shook his head. A smirk touched his lips, and he removed his hand.

Usually, he much preferred seeing people in fear, but for (f/n), her laugh was something else. Her smile was something else, and he shook his head in amusement. He had a feeling that she felt the same; this night was very odd, but he was enjoying it. "I must be losing it, then. You just said you killed people, and I'm laughing. You just admitted that you want to torment the three of them, and I'm laughing."

Pushing back strands of hair and shaking her head in disbelief at herself, she released a sigh as she saw a piece of paper in front of her. No, you dealt with something you never should've had to. Your mind's exhausted, and you just want some sense of comfort. Probably not the best influence by being with me.

"You think?" she asked sarcastically before she grabbed the bowl and moved back to her laptop. "Just expect tomorrow to be different. I'll probably be more myself." Lee shrugged and watched her pick up her laptop and charger while she carried the ice cream in the other hand. He noticed a frown touch her lips. "I'll have to be." A weight fell onto her shoulders again.

After writing a note, he walked by her, took her laptop and charger and headed into the dining room. She took that as a signal to follow and did so. Her eyes scanned over the note. When it's just us, you don't have to be. We're working together now. You can let go.

"And, what about you?" she asked as she followed him into the other dining room. She took a seat across from him, and he loaded up her laptop. An eyebrow of hers twitched. He acted like he owned it, not her, but she let it slide since he was nice enough to make her a snack. "I feel like I'm losing my mind and having a bizarre dream. You, on the other hand, seem ... well composed." She furrowed her brows. "I suppose that'd be the right word."

I'm losing my mind too. Don't worry. The fact that I agreed to no longer threaten you is not part of my original plan. Things have changed in one night, and it's jarring, but ... exciting. His eyes locked with hers after she read the next line. You truly caught me off guard. And, you've won my aid beyond what I originally intended to offer.

Confusion entered her optics when she saw him stand up, after he wrote something else down, and walk over to her. A part of her almost tensed, still getting used to the new partnership between them. He held out his right hand to her. She raised a brow and saw the note in his hand. Why don't we start afresh? This deal between us marks a new relationship, and I apologize for what I did before. I should've analyzed you both more before acting. I misjudged you and caused you pain that I would've not inflicted upon you had I known about Anita's actions sooner.

"... Do you really mean that?" she asked, looking between his emotionless eyes and his hand. His expression never changed, and he didn't lower his hand. Instead, he simply nodded. A light sigh escaped her. "Well, I did say that I would trust you." Her hand wrapped around his. "But," her eyes locked with his, "keep showing me this. What you're like now. Strengthen my trust in you. Then, I think that I fully can forgive you and get past the past entirely."

His hand tightened around hers but not in an uncomfortable manner. He shook her hand, and she shook his back. Lee let go of her hand before he returned to his seat. A note was passed to her. So, are we looking into evidence against Kaleb?

"Yeah, let's start with his company." He nodded, but Lee had a feeling that she wanted to avoid social media, however, for the time being. Perhaps, she still didn't trust him completely, and he could understand that. It might also be partly pride since she had ruined her phone over the whole matter not long ago, and she didn't want him to point that out.

Whatever the case, he'd let them cross that bridge when they got to it. For now, her approach was a good start. She moved her chair close to him along with the ice cream. He did find it amusing how she let him search the certain icon that led to the searching material location and simply guided him through it while she ate the ice cream he prepared for her. A small smirk touched his lips. Then again, maybe, amusing wasn't the right word. If he had a physical heart, he imagined that it'd tighten a little in a pleasant way in that moment.