Serve to Ease

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Dragging her hands down her face in a drained manner, (f/n) heard glass hit wood lightly. The smell of a lime daiquiri hit her nose, and she smiled a little bit. (F/n) glanced up. "Thanks ..."

"Scott." He had a friendly smile on his lips. His glasses rested on his nose, and kind, brown eyes were behind the lenses. Short brown hair rested atop his head, and he looked to be in his early thirties. Scott was wearing black pants, black belt, white button-up and black waistcoat. There was a calm air about him, but it also was an understanding one as though he had heard many stories from the bar's patrons and knew the endings to all of them.

"Thank you, Scott. Sorry I never asked before." She gave a small apologetic smile. Her thumbs ran over the rim of the glass, and she stared at the alcoholic drink inside.

"It's no trouble." He scanned over the establishment. "Your friend's not with you today?"

"... No. I ..." She sighed, and he didn't say anymore. He waited for her to tell him, and she appreciated that. Her eyes scanned down the rest of the bar. No one was waiting for another drink. (F/n) looked back to her own beverage. "Well ..." Probably, she shouldn't disclose such information to him, especially since Anita came to The Iron Clipper also.

"Does she know you're here?" At the question, she peered up and saw that his back was facing her now. He was standing by the sink and washing some of the glasses. Given how many stories he probably had heard over the course of him working at the bar, she suspected that he didn't even have to look at her to have some idea of what was going on.

Perhaps, that should've bothered her, but it didn't. It was just nice to have someone listen, who didn't seem to be judging her. He was a neutral party to what was going on, and it was as though he was there just to listen and offer advice if she wanted him to. Then again, maybe, she was wrong about all of that, and her worn out mind simply needed him to be that person at the present time. Such thoughts were giving her a headache, though, and she truthfully didn't want to deal with her head hurting anymore than it already did.

"No, she doesn't." She brought the drink to her lips and took a sip before she set it back down. The lime was refreshing, and the alcohol ran down her throat smoothly. "She thinks that I went back home."

From his lips came a quiet hum. He dried a glass and set it back on one of the shelves under the counter. Scott pushed his glasses up. "Have you talked to her?" Meeting his gaze, she had a feeling that he knew the whole story, but he was asking easy questions to remain respectful.

"... No, I can't." Her hands wrapped around the glass. "It'd make it even worse I think." She sighed roughly. "I don't know. Usually, not communicating makes things worse, but I just can't right now."

"She's lost your trust," he said with sympathy in his voice. "And, you don't want to bring up the issue because you fear losing her completely." Her lips parted to speak, but she found herself nodding. "You feel like a stranger around her." Again, she nodded.

Another sip of the drink ran down her throat, and she met his gaze once more. "What do I do?" she asked, the words slipping out before she could stop. Realistically, who else would she ask? She could call her parents, but she wasn't a hundred percent certain that the information wouldn't get back to Anita's parents and to Anita herself. Anita wasn't an option since she had no idea how she would react, and she truthfully didn't want to know either. Like Scott had said, Anita had lost her trust. Kaleb and Tristan certainly weren't options either for obvious reasons.