Walk to Night

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Maroon comforter practically covering all of her, (f/n) shifted a bit in her sleep. It was one in the morning, and Anita and she had gone to sleep about two hours ago. They had finished cleaning around ten and had ate some dinner and washed up after that. Both were exhausted, and they had work tomorrow, so neither opted to stay up any later.

Having learned what the sound had been behind the wall, they didn't lock the storage room door. There were no access points from outside to get into the space, so they had nothing to worry about except their own imagination. A peaceful expression rested on (f/n)'s countenance since Anita's reassurance from earlier did help even though Anita had refused to go down into the storage area until just recently. Anita had explained herself, however, and (f/n) decided to accept her friend's reasoning.

Part of her did wish that something else had been down there instead of a damaged mannequin. A random bucket, another shelf or some inanimate object that didn't resemble a human or animal certainly would be less creepy. Those thoughts, though, didn't ruin her sleep, and her arms wrapped around one of her pillows. The comforter fell off of her a little bit in the process. Now, her upper back and shoulders were exposed along with her head.

Slightly, she shivered. It was early spring, but the weather in the early morning still could get somewhat cold. Her arms hugged the pillow more tightly, but her ears caught the sound of creaking. She moaned a bit in discomfort in her sleep since it was beginning to wake her up. The sound, though, had been going on for quite some time, but neither of the residents had heard it from the upper level. They hadn't even heard the front door open, only to close and lock slightly after.

Fingers curled around a doorknob and turned. The wooden door creaked open, and (f/n) rolled over onto her right side, her back now facing the door. A frown formed on her lips, but she didn't wake up. As the door opened more, a form slipped inside and closed the door after.

Creak. Creak. Creak. It only got louder, and (f/n) moaned again in her sleep, not wanting to be disturbed. Standing by the other side of the bed, the form stared down at her. He'd have to take things slow to get the information he wanted and to enjoy himself. Otherwise, both women would leave the house before he got to do anything, and he'd be on his own again, which he didn't want at all, since he apparently couldn't leave the home. Already, he had been sealed up for far too long. That f*cking coward.

His head, though, only moved when he watched her shift onto her left side. She faced him directly. (F/n). The name suited her. It would roll off his tongue nicely if he could use it. He wondered what lies she held. Everyone had them, and he was curious as to what hers were. Same for her friend. Certainly, he'd find out as he messed with them.

When her eyes began to blink open, however, he instantly lowered himself and pressed himself up against the side of the bed. He heard more movement and irritated groaning. A chuckle escaped him, but he knew that she wouldn't hear it. Someone wasn't happy.

Sitting up on her bed, (f/n) rubbed her eyes and glanced at the wall clock across from her bed. It was one in the morning. She released an annoyed sigh and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Only for two hours had she been asleep, and she already was waking up. Vexed, she got out of bed and headed over to her bathroom, completely unaware of what was hiding by her bed.