°A love story beneath the stars°

Start from the beginning

Sean sat back slightly, taking in the view around him before taking in the view beside him. He couldn't help but zoom into the perfect dimple under her hazel eyes, the same eyes that he had seen smile, cry, and be the reason for his contentment far too many times. He casted his camera down to capture her thumb fidgeting with the drawstrings of her hoodie. The thumb that soothed over his skin whenever he was stressed or overwhelmed. A porcelain doll was nothing compared to her. Beautiful was what she was.

"Beautiful" was that spark in her eye, the one that said she's up for an adventure. "Beautiful" was her soul, the one that loved so deeply and cared so very much for others. "Beautiful" was how she was born, and with him standing with her every step of the way... it was how she will stay for all of her days.

And this attraction was everything Sean ever needed and wanted, and yet in moments he paniced all the same. He had almost finished conquering the ghosts, the ones that felt that it was safer to run from Kaycee than to her. Yet, in truth, he couldn't run. He tried. Each time, he'd start to spiral. His steady composure would evaporate as if he was a spinning top that needed her touch to stop.

'Stop it' Kaycee pushed the camera away from her face, a tiny shade of red present on her cheeks. 'That's enough...take a picture of the stars. They look pretty tonight', she pushed the camera upwards but it only resulted in Sean positioning it back towards her face.

'You're right, you do look pretty tonight' he replied softly, making sure to have her brown curls in frame.

The brunette dragged a hand down her face. 'Please, can we just watch something?'

Although, he wanted to continue videoing her for all eternity, he knew his limits and knew when she was seriously telling him to stop from embarrassment or what not. He set his camera down carefully, sending a playful salute her way.

'You shouldn't complain on camera' he started. 'That video may just end up in my birthday video for  you' he chuckled to himself, poking one finger into the side of her hips.

A fake, sarcastic laugh escaped her lips as she pointed to the laptop. 'Please?'.

 In all truth, she didn't care if they were watching a movie or decided to just talk between them. But she never seemed to be able to talk to him properly at times like this—without making a stupid comment or her voice cracking. She knew he didn't care, but it was just further confirming her assumption of her growing feelings towards the boy. A reality she, herself was finding difficult to believe.

Sean reached out for the laptop, silently agreeing with Kaycee with what to watch before he settled the device on his lap.

'I can't see' the brunette giggled, slapping his arm playfully. He didn't respond, instead he pressed one finger to his lips, and patted the space next to him as the petite girl moved over until their bodies had no longer any space between them. She slowly rested her head against his shoulder, to which he carefully adjusted his body so that she was comfortable.

Sean wrapped one arm around her torso, gently resting his head on top of hers as the two silently gave into the heat and warmth of the latter.

'You better not fall asleep' the boy chuckled, pressing his lips on the top of her head. Kaycee could only scoff at him as she wrapped one arm around his waist and rested her face against his chest.

This action must have caught him off guard, because with that one hand seemed to slip beneath him and the two fell backwards, with Sean breaking Kaycee's fall. In dance rehearsals or not, he would always hold her.

It only took a few seconds before the two broke out into laughter, mouths open and lips stretched out wide in a smile, as they clung onto each other. Laughing was their greatest treasure of the day, for this was when their inner smiles grew so wide that it became this auditory firework.

The black haired boy stared up at the roof of their tent, the mesh covering allowing them to see the star blanketed sky. Then, he looked over at the girl in his arms, another star.

'Maybe we'll watch a movie when we're more tired' he whispered, turning around ever so slightly so that he could engulf the petite girl in a hug. Her hug had woven their souls in a way that was a forever bond. He hoped that was her intention, because this was real.

'I wish this could last forever' he softly spoke up, brushing his fingers through her brown curls. 'I really hope it does'. He didn't really know if he was referring to the night or their relationship, but he didn't want either to end.

Kaycee pushed her head up, shocked to see his dark brown orbs already staring down at her fondly.  His gaze felt intimate and she found herself casting her gaze down to his lips. And instantly she realized her mistake, because a smirk grew on his lips as he bent his head down to her ear.

'I think Miss Rice would like to kiss me' he teased, resting his face between the crook of her neck. She mentally face palmed herself, and she cursed his way of always knowing her too well.

The brunette could feel the heat rising to her cheeks. 'Would you hate me if I did?' She managed to croak out, fearing his answer.

He lifted his face as a smile spread upon seeing her flustered cheeks. 'I could never hate you'.

Kaycees eyes softened at his words, her brows scrunching to meet in the middle. She delicately raised her hands to cup his cheeks before she found the two of them leaning in closer.

Heat rose from Kaycee's stomach to her chest. Sean's lips were getting closer and her heart decided to skip a beat, the smell of him hypnotic beyond reason. She parted her lips and felt him washing over like a wave of warmth, unfurling all her senses as the taste of him nearly silenced all thoughts.

Her whole body tingled, the feel of his frame leaning on hers as his arms wrapped around her felt nearly forbidden. He pulled her in, claiming her mouth again, as he gently deepened the kiss. Her lips were like a Summer rain, pouring over his as if they had the power to take away and give back life

And in that kiss, it was like the universe had said welcome home.

She was the wish he once made upon a shooting star.

AN| Hey guys? How are y'all doing?

This one shot is a bit messy but I hope it brought a smile on your face and you all enjoyed reading it. I find it funny because last Halloween season I uploaded a 'camping' inspired one shot too lol.

This one shot was inspired by aeseaycee, so thank you so much. I hope this met your expectations. This was a difficult one to write but I'm glad I did it. Thank you sm.

QOTD: What category of one shots do you like the best? Fluff, sad, crime, mystery...etc.

Hope you guys have an amazing day

❤️❤️❤️

Don't forget to comment, vote, follow and share

Love you guys,

XXX