I hopped up and said, "OH SHIT!"

Amir got her answer and hung up the phone. I went in my closet and threw on some professional looking clothes. I used my wind quirk to collect all my belongings and dashed out the door. I saw Amir already infront of my house.

I smiled and hopped in the car.

~She fast as hell, she a whole lifesaver.~

I was in the backseat and leaned forward, "How you got here so fast?"

Amir said, "Hun, I know you. Plus, I was nearby."

I leaned back and said, "Aye, I owe you one!"

"Yeah...a raise."

"I owe you something else...?"

Amir did a little chuckle and continued driving. We arrived in the parking lot and I ran out the car almost immediately.

I eventually came into the meeting room where Hawks was already there, including a few makeup artists and the chairwoman, Mrs.Evelyn.

I said, "I apologize for being late."

Mrs.Evelyn said, "Dont worry about it. Just get started."

I felt like I was in a whole movie of white chicks, the way they was trying to make us look. I sat still while they made the hair, they made my eyes a bit bigger and used specific products to change my whole appearance. I had almost went to sleep when they were done. They also explained and taught us to apply on our disguise ourselves so they wouldn't have to come everytime.

Hawks and I stepped to the mirror. I almost didn't recognize myself. They had changed a couple of my facial features. You could tell its me but it gives, 'ive seen you before but can't pin it.' Vibes. I had contacts on, too but what I really enjoyed is that Hawks hasn't said a single word to me. I bet he's trying to be on his best behavior.

Hawks rubbed his chin and said, "Wow. Great job, im digging it."

I said, "I look sexy as hell. Shittt."

I heard a few chuckles from my comment and one of the makeup artists said, "Im honored that you both like it."

Hawks said, "May I remind you, that VERO looks sexy as hell."

I said, "May I remind you, that it is still me. They just changed up a few things but thank you for the compliment."

Hawks only rolled his eyes in defeat. Hawks did a loud clap of his hands before he said, "You guys did a wonderful job. Is this all?"

Mrs.Evelyn nodded and said, "Yes. Thank you for your time."

We both nodded and we started to remove the contacts, the glued masks and such. After I was done, I started to head out, saying bye to Mrs.Evelyn. I decided to walk home, I needed it and I haven't done a scout. At least it'll feel like I did some hero shit.

Hawks started to walk out too and I was standing near a walk signal.

Hawks said, "Ahem, Vero."

I looked straight and ignored.

~Not today, devil.~

Hawks said, "Aye, Y/n."

"..."

"Vero. Y/n. Avatar. Earth to the 4th hero..."

I stood there. I do not and will not have time to handle his ass. I just wish that walk thing would turn green so I can go. Also, doesn't he have wings?

I suddenly felt a hit on the face by something red.

~...did that nigga...did he just hit me with his wings?~