Chapter 29 : Three hearts

⁂

As we reach the door to the meeting room, I open it and freeze as I step inside. Taehyung's grip on my hand tightens as our eyes fall on one person standing in the room.

"Yeona! Taehyung! You disappeared so suddenly!" Sang Hoon speaks loudly and all heads turn to us. One pair of eyes meeting mine.

I'm not indifferent to those eyes. But I won't let them confuse me. I'm sure of my feelings. They're all for the man standing next to me. The man who truly is here for me.

I turn to Sang Hoon and smile.

I purposely gather my hair to one side of my neck, exposing the small bruise appearing on my neck. Taehyung gives me a strange look and I smile his way before leading us to two empty seats.

Sang Hoon explains the drama, it's going to be a period drama, Jin will have the role of the Emperor, Taehyung will be his bodyguard, and his best friend.

And I'll be the woman Jin loves, a warrior brought to court after losing a battle against the emperor's army as trophy...

Once the meeting with leaders of all the different teams and the three lead actors, we all go down to the parking lot, getting into a luxurious bus which will be taking us on set.

We'll be sleeping in trailers. The point of today is to explain everything. Then we'll have a week to learn a large part of our script and the shooting will start.

It takes us two hours to reach the set but the trip goes by rather fast, spent mostly chatting with Taehyung about the drama.

The set is beautiful. It's the Yongin Daejanggeum Park. It's an absolutely stunning place two hours away from Seoul. They've filmed so many dramas here! Ji Jang Wook shot Empress Ki here. They filmed the Last Empress here... it's an amazing place.

I walk in what will be my quarters at one point during the drama. They've started decorating the set already.

"Yeona?" I turn around, expecting to see Taehyung but my smile falls when Jin walks up to me.

I feel my heart clench as I see him and I look away.

"Yeona, please?" I close my eyes a second to collect myself and turn around.

"What, Jin?" I ask my tone colder than I wanted it to be...

"I- I figured we could talk? You know, since we're going to be working together-"